Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the humans had it, actually.. but they were invited! Mommy forgot their dinner at home, so Grandma gave them some yummy turkey wing tips!

Here are the pics.

The trip to Grandmas farm was hot, so first we cooled off in the house:

Then we joined the family, Betty enjoys belly rubs from my BIL & nephew Ethan:
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

We all tried to stay in the shade of the swing set as much as possible:

We all got to meet my sisters new pet, Melman:

There was a kiddy pool, so I let the dogs enjoy some swimming, afterwards, bullysticks for all:

Betty really enjoyed sitting in the sun:

My other "sister" Hailey (moms GSD):

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My mom tries to get Hailey to "smile" at me:

The girls enjoyed wandering around their property:

And then it was dinner time!

Betty and my handsome SO - she loves her Daddy:

FatDog finally enjoys being a lap dog (she his thin enough now that it is not uncomfortable):

Finally, my artsy FatDog picture.. she looks so content:

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Oh, your babies. How perfect. Betty cracks me up. I love her ears. Melman is pretty darn cute too. Looks like fun was had by all. Great pics. You need to post more pics, they are just adorable. Did they love their turkey wing tips???:coolwink:

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, hun. :) We appreciate the compliments, and I will try and post more! I have a bad habit of lurking.

Isn't Melman sweet? He's only 3 weeks old. We had a goat when we were kids, they are honestly AWESOME little things.

Ofcourse they loved the wings! FatDog finished hers, Betty only ate half (but Betty is 1/3 of FatDog's weight). They crunch those big things like champions!

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Kelly,
I just love Betty's beautiful little face. She is very pretty.
I definitely need to see more pics of your babies.
Looks like you all had a nice summer day outside. It's fun being with family, and even better when you can bring along your fur babies! :)

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Betty is just the cutest little thing.. I love the one of her hanging out in the sun.

And FatDog is just too adorable..def. diggin the artistic one of her

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys! :D We all had a nice time, even stayed for fireworks (although they weren't loving those, they still did well).

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Great pics!! It looks like Betty is gaining some weight.... have you done an x-ray or sonogram yet? How many little babies are on the way?! :) How much longer? I can't wait!! She is the cutest girl!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to you guys too!

Sadly, the weight gain is not a pregnancy. :( We were feeding her a little too much because we assumed she WAS pregnant (had many signs), but it seems as though it is false. Her tuck is returning, and her attitude is going away (no more attacks on the FatOne).

We will be trying again next heat. :)

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Does your mom raw feed her GSD?

Cute pics. Looks like a great day.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Thanks to you guys too!

Sadly, the weight gain is not a pregnancy. :( We were feeding her a little too much because we assumed she WAS pregnant (had many signs), but it seems as though it is false. Her tuck is returning, and her attitude is going away (no more attacks on the FatOne).

We will be trying again next heat. :)
Oh, I'm sorry she didn't take. That happens sometimes. False pregnancies are pretty common with the hormonal surges that occur with breeding. Went through that with Piper, our Frenchie. Hopefully Betty will get pregnant next time! :) I'll cross my fingers for Betty Babies.

Brodysmom

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, Hailey is rawfed. Her sister ( ;) ) helped make that happen. She's gorgeous, isn't she? Even better in person!

I love Betty's face too, she always makes me smile. Such a dorkhead.

Yes, the breeder had another bitch mated at the same time who did not take either, so I guess it does happen often. I suggested that we let the coupling happen here, as that way Betty does not have to travel after insemination (she stresses over car rides, gas and panting - nothing major, but I think it might be better not to have her stress at all at that point).

P.S. I love frenchies! *sigh*

Jazzman: She would sure enjoy that! She is such a sweet sweet girl once she trusts you. :)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Yes, the breeder had another bitch mated at the same time who did not take either, so I guess it does happen often. I suggested that we let the coupling happen here, as that way Betty does not have to travel after insemination (she stresses over car rides, gas and panting - nothing major, but I think it might be better not to have her stress at all at that point).

P.S. I love frenchies! *sigh*
Piper had to stay at the breeder for 2 weeks after her breedings! She was bred 3 times, a day apart, I believe. The breeder wouldn't let her come home until she was SURE that the little pups had time to implant. But it was not to be. She didn't get pregnant either time we tried. The first time was by artificial insemination using frozen semen from a dog 3 states away. The second time (6 months later) was with one of the breeders stud dogs and she managed the matings herself. I guess Piper wasn't meant to be a mommy.

Brodysmom

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Aw, Brodysmom, maybe that is the way it will be with Betty.. if she doesn't take this next time, we will spay her and retire. If she does take, she gets retired right after, as well! We can't wait. :D

Melman is a goat! ;)

I know! FatDog is ALMOST just Dog now! I told her tonight "You're almost a real dog!" She got so excited and jumped all over me (I know it was just my tone that made her excited, but still nice to see). When she walks now, she is clearly in much less pain.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts