Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tiki has a bell on his collar-because he got out of the house without me knowing-Just now he was scratching and his toe nail got caught in it :shock: it took 10 minutes for me to get it out and now his nail is split-I never even thought about this happening so I thought I'd mention it-Has this happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
I am glad you got it out! I dont have bells on my babies,I am to afraid that they will be playing and when they pull each others collars, the bell will break off in their mouths. Thank you for the advise I am sure that other would appreciate it!!!

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I used to have one on Bosco when he was a baby and I often worried about him choking on it. I never even thought about his nail getting caught in it! Thanks for the heads-up. I'm glad Tiki is OK!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank Goodness I was right there when it happened! I don't want to even think about what could have happened if I was'nt. I don't usually put it on him (bell or collar)except when too many people are going in and out of the house. He is such a chicken, usually he runs away when you open the door,but ever since he got out the first time, he has been trying to escape ever since :roll:

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
chiwi has a bell on hers but i have it so there is no hoop attatched i squeezed that part so tight cause i'm obsessive about safety and i always think of bad things happening so i have palns to prevent them or i when it does happen i already know what i am going to do about it. :?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
luvmypuppet said:
chiwi has a bell on hers but i have it so there is no hoop attatched i squeezed that part so tight cause i'm obsessive about safety and i always think of bad things happening so i have palns to prevent them or i when it does happen i already know what i am going to do about it. :?
His nail did not get caught in the hoop, it was caught in the x part of the bell itself :wink: But that's a good idea-I think I'll take a hammer to it and try and close up all the holes :wink:

·
Registered
825 Posts
Thanx for the warning! :) I have bought small collars with bells attached for my new Chi, that im having next week :D . I did worry about the bells. Im going to check them out thoroughly now. :wave:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts