Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am mortified and so angry I want to disown my family we went over to my parents after school my mum was having a hypo (she's diabetic) so I took both daisy at lotus straight out to the toilet daisy went abd went back inside. Lotus didn't she was farting about sniffing out the garden!! She was really sniffing this area so I went to see and saw loads of blue pellets so I scooped her up and ran indoors - I do not know if she ingested any

I called my vet immediately for those who don't know snail and slug pellets are highly poisonous and will kill your dog in 4 hours if something isn't done immediately!!!

I was told to make her vomit buy pouring 1/4 of a teaspoon of salt directly down her throat and if no vomit do it again a few minutes after she threw up clear foamy vomit wouldn't drink so I took her home she had half a bowl of water and threw up everywhere brown sick (shed had some kidney 1 hour previous) I can't see any slug pellets or remains I didn't see her chewing so I'm hoping she not taken anything

I could kill my dad for not telling me if he had I would have kept her away from the plants!!!!!!

I called the vet again after she was sick the 2nd time and they are pretty sure she didn't ingest anything she is goingfor a check up in 2 hours just to be double sure!!!!

Fuming to say the least please please ask people if they have pellets down as they don't use their brains (what bothers me is we had the discussion a couple of days ago about it!!!) and warn you!

If you suspect they've had them even like me you don't think they have take them to the vet it WILL kill your dog

I'm just hoping now her chucking up will be enough coz I will disown my family if anything happens
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,441 Posts
How frightening!!! Our guys are so little that even the slightest amount could poison them. This is a good reminder for all of us to be extra careful. Keep us posted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm just glad I'm switched on and was on the phone within 3 minutes!!!! I'm ******** a brick right now
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,441 Posts
You acted really fast Sarah. I'm sure she is fine. She probably didn't even eat any and wonders what all the fuss is about. ;) I'm sure everything will be OK.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,652 Posts
OMG Sarah - how SCARY!! I'm glad you got her to vomit & so glad you didn't see any of hte pellets in it. I don't know why people don't think about the stuff they put down to kill "pests" especially when there is any chances of dogs being in the area! I hope she's ok - good luck at the vets! Did Daisy get into any of it btw? Or did she potty & go straight in?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's raining so daisy peed and ran inside just batfink decided it smelt good u know when they really rub their nose in stuff she was doing that I didn't een see her licking it just really really sniffing
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,272 Posts
You did the right thing phoning the vets so quickly.Im sure she'll be ok if there wasn't any blue in her sick,poor little thing(and you).They sell pet friendly slug stuff ,it doesn't kill them just keeps them off your plants,like grit that slugs hate.that's what we use.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh I should have said you need to look for fitting shivering mood change etc!!!

I am so scared and stressed and I'm gonna chuck a load of slugs at my stupid father!!!

Michelle I just put up with the slugs at home te girls don't go near them why my dad does who knows... Pratt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,831 Posts
Oh gosh Sarah, that is horribly frightening! So glad you called the vet right away. It sounds like from the looks of her vomit that she didn't ingest anything, blue would be spotted easily. I'm really sorry you're going through this though, how awful. Fingers crossed for little Lotus, but I feel sure she will be ok. So very scary. :( ((hugs))
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just can't see that it could dissolve within 10 minutes for me not to see anything especially as she was sick twice but I am so paranoid ibdont think I can talk to my parents again I'll never forgive them if anything happens to her

I'm 95% sure she's ok but I need my vet to tell me it's ok (that's one expensive ok lol) she's sooo small

I could kill my dad right now!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,356 Posts
Oh Sarah!! how scary.. sounds like you acted really quickly she is probably fine.
I cannot imagine those pellets would smell/taste very good!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,090 Posts
Oh goodness, that is so scary! That is how Sebastian died, he was outside by our back fence munching on something, I thought it was just grass as he did that occasionally but he started getting sick and had a bloody nose, so my hubby went back while I was at the vet, and found green decon pellets right inside our back gate (there's like a 2" gap). The previous week I had told our little 11-12 year old neighbor boy if I caught him climbing out fence again I would call the police.....the police came and talked to our neighbors and that night we heard lots and lots of yelling with the parents/kids. Thank heavens they moved, but Sebastian lost his life because of it. I don't have any type of poisons in my house as it scares me to death.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well she's beating up daisy at the moment so seems to be feeling ok she's wagging her tail and kissing so I hope it's nothing

Heather you just made my heart sink that's so sad and scared me to death how soon did he have reactions from it??? These are apparently bitter tasting so they animals don't like them um whatever...

Mum just called dads picking them all up abd buying pet safe ones!!!

You think!!!!!! They said they will pay the vet bill it's really not my point!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Were back I love my vet so much I could kiss him!!! She's been thoroughly checked (and she stood like a pro no growling or yapping lol) heart eyes, stomach throat I gave graphic details of her vomit he has said anythif that was in her would have come out as I had her throwing up within minutes of it happening!! She's now got some bad poos gig on never seen her run into the rain do fast hahaha

She's back to her normal self barking and wagging her tail just gotta keep an eye on her!!

Please please make sure you know what to do if you suspect any poisons taken it can save your dogs life!!! Salt makes them throw up just pour it down their throat!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,441 Posts
I'm so glad she's OK. What a relief!! Don't be too hard on your dad... I'm sure he just didn't think of it. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My heart was in my chest!!! Hmmmm it took him a long time to apologise which is why I was screaming at him!!

She's still 2lb lol he thinks she will grow in spurts and not continuously lol
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top