Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
9,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LS sent us a wonderful gift of a BB size 3.5. BG and Sonny both have 14" size chest. BG would be 13-14 where Sonny is 14-15". BG does not have any shoulders (sleak and thin) where Sonny is a stocky build. The 3.5 fits BG on last hole but fits Sonny perfectly in the middle. So I am going to order BG a size 3 and keep Sonny with the 3.5.

Happier now that she knows just a photo shoot No rain LOL

Sonny

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
They both look great!!! Cute pics!! This was my concern with the fit. My crew don't have the stocky build. They have the slender build. That was my fear going by the size chart. They never work for us.

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
That was my concern with the Susan Lanci harnesses step-in harnesses, because they fit right behind the armpit, but they don't bother Odie at all. I can see the BB being more of a concern because it's leather but so many people have said that they don't bother their dogs. I guess we'll just have to find out for ourselves!

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
It is beyond soft! Shockingly soft
Thant is good to know. I would have thought they would be stiff. They are leather aren't they? I guess if a company is marketing BB for dogs they would have to comfortable for the dog....not dig in or rub. They look great on y our pups and on Elaine's Latte!

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
It is beyond soft! Shockingly soft
i have the same color Gold for Minnie and Tootsie. that one is from the Luxury line and is very soft. the one i have in pearl pink and the one in periwinkle are also very soft.

the very first time i ever ordered a Buddybelt, i specifically wanted red. she sent me 2 sizes for Minnie to try and the one that was too small was soft ( it was a red from he fancy line. the one that was red from the classic line that was too big on Minnie was stiff. they didnt have the fancy red in the next size up . i didnt try to soften the classic red... i just sent them both back.

but i'm sure the red would soften in time. and i saw the pic of the natural color on Basil and it looked nice and soft.

Love the pics of BG and Sonny :)

·
Administrator
9,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thant is good to know. I would have thought they would be stiff. They are leather aren't they? I guess if a company is marketing BB for dogs they would have to comfortable for the dog....not dig in or rub. They look great on y our pups and on Elaine's Latte!
When I pick it up it just bends and folds. Not stiff at all! Kind of like a coach leather purse but softer it just fits your shoulder perfectly. ;) lol lol It is honestly the softest leather I have ever seen and if it would bother anyone it would be stocky Sonny but no rubbing there.

TLI if you are right on the cusp of 2 sizes go with the smaller if BG build. Sonny build go with larger. Remember both of mine run about 14" chest which is smack between size 3-3.5.

·
Administrator
9,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have the same color Gold for Minnie and Tootsie. that one is from the Luxury line and is very soft. the one i have in pearl pink and the one in periwinkle are also very soft.

the very first time i ever ordered a Buddybelt, i specifically wanted red. she sent me 2 sizes for Minnie to try and the one that was too small was soft ( it was a red from he fancy line. the one that was red from the classic line that was too big on Minnie was stiff. they didnt have the fancy red in the next size up . i didnt try to soften the classic red... i just sent them both back.

but i'm sure the red would soften in time. and i saw the pic of the natural color on Basil and it looked nice and soft.

Love the pics of BG and Sonny :)
I didn't realize there was a difference as this is the only one I have.

Thanks your girls look awesome in theirs too

1 - 11 of 11 Posts