Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
9,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
They were desperate for chis yesterday to film for Fox 5 so I contacted my breeder (and one of my best friends) and he got a lot of his chis out there to help. He runs chi meet ups etc and knows every chi how they are related etc.

Well our day started very early as my munchkins had a 4:45 AM wake up call. They were not amused by that but we needed to be in DC (which can be a nightmare in rush hour traffic) by 6:30AM. They did awesome! I was so proud they were on their best behavior with other pups (even a naughty one) and humans. Oh and grandma was there and they did not go into Operation Protect Grandma mode! :D

Bg was in the first heat (dad orange sweatshirt) and Sonny in the second heat. The first run BG was a little confused. They delayed it a little due to live TV and the ground was wet (it was still drizzling) so she did not do a very good job. She lost me in the crowd and just followed the other dogs. Sonny Won his heat! Round two came and BG did better but she stops and prances across finish line LOL and Sonny beat the reigning champ by 1/2 a field LOL. Last round (in their Redskin gear) they both won their heats. Neither ran full speed they both kind of jogged :rolleyes: but they had fun.

Family Reunion (Cujo-fawn chi is 1/2 bro, Stella- black chi is full sister & littermate to BG, Sophie- red bow chi is 1/2 sister)

Sonny vs Stella size (full sister and littermate to BG)

BG

Sophie and Lola (1/2 sisters)

BG & Sonny resting between races in my folks arms

Sonny and his breeder Ben (he remembers and still loves Ben)

BG passed out in the car ride home

The link to watch online:
Holly Live:Running of the Chihuahuas - DC Breaking Local News Weather Sports FOX 5 WTTG

Please ignore the long nails I forgot to get them trimmed been a little busy but they were trimmed yesterday (while they were tired) so they are ready for Saturday :)

·
Administrator
9,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The pups loved it! I can not wait to see how they do on Saturday!

We were all joking around as most of Ben's chis are small including BG's sister who is around 3-4lbs but once in awhile the "mutant gene" shows up and you get one like mine or Gabby (last year's reigning champ) who is bigger than Sonny. Ben has no clue where it comes from as both parents grandparents etc (as far back as he can go) is not over 6lbs LOL

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
You must be bursting with pride! They did so well. I felt sorry for BG at the end of the first race you could tell he was looking for mommy.

·
Administrator
9,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You must be bursting with pride! They did so well. I felt sorry for BG at the end of the first race you could tell he was looking for mommy.
Yeah same here and I saw her limp a little so I checked her out and it was just the wet ground LOL Gave me a little scare

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
Lady would probably do well in this. Yesterday we went into the garage and the garage door had been open. Well the neighbors cat was in our garage. Lady took off after that cat with the speed of light. Prince tried to follow but she just booked too fast and he gave up. I ran after them all the way around the neighbors house and into the their driveway! She is a fast little girl! She definitely told the cat "my garage"!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts