Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My parents were in town last week (hence my absence from this forum :) ) and we took a trip to Big Bear Lake in California. We had been there before and it is super dog friendly. Lots of restaurants with dog friendly patios and most of the activities you would do are outside in the national forest anyway. As you can see we had a lot of fun!

Here we are hanging out at the cabin.

We hiked about a mile to see this tree. It is the largest (or maybe oldest- I don't really remember) Lodgepole Pine.

Copley got to frolic off leash in the field (here he has begun his frolicking before I am actually able to remove the leash!) Kerri didn't get to run around cause there were LOTS of birds of prey up there.

This might be my favorite pic from the week. It got really cold all of a sudden when we were out fishing so Kerrigan got to hang out in her dad's sweater!

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Kerri also had two "firsts." On one hike we gained a bit of elevation and Kerri saw her first snow! It was really kinds dirty- but at least it was deep woods dirty, not end of the year in the city black snow dirty.

She also had her first swim. It was more of a make sure she floats in that life jacket cause we were thinking of getting a boat the next day.

Here we are hanging out on the dock while everyone is fishing.

As you can see here it was a dusty weekend. Kerrigan kept digging holes to lay in (I think to avoid pine needles) and she got so dirty! Luckily she didn't care about a little dirt and she is easy to rinse off in the sink even on vacation!

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Oh fun! I must admit I'm a little jealous. Wish I was there!
Pups look great, I loved all the pictures.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts