Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is posted in wrong section My mom got what was supposed to be a chihuahua puppy from friends of ours....he was a big puppy and has only got bigger.He has the chihuahua attitude and looks like a one but not sure what he is crossed with grateful for any help?

Attachments

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Exactlly how 'big' is he? What does he weigh, and how tall is he. The picture looks like a purebred longhair chihuahua. Hard to tell if he is just a big chi, or a mix.

·
Registered
45 Posts
for chihuahuas size is an indication of purity because they are the smallest breed. if the dog is like 20lbs or something, I dont see how they could be purebred.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
for chihuahuas size is an indication of purity because they are the smallest breed. if the dog is like 20lbs or something, I dont see how they could be purebred.
This is not nessicarily true. Breeders have to work to keep the dogs in the 3-6 lb range. Without selective breeding they can get pretty big in just a few generations. I agree not 20 lbs, but there are plenty of 10 and 12 lb chis around my area that are just the biggest (unfortunately with that means cheapest sometimes) backyard bred dog and then the other biggest backyard bred dog put together. You can go up in weight fast without adding any other breeds in the mix.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
All three of my girls are pure bred and from the same parents, just different litters. The last litter was of 2, I took Bella and my friend took the male. Bella tops the scales at 6.6 pounds and the male is 19.6. No clue why and he is the biggest of all three litters. The other 2 that I have are 3.8 and 5.2. I think its odd and nobody believes that the male is a true Chi but he is.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
He looks a little bit like my daughters dog which is a Chihuahua/Yorkie cross. He's lovely.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
that dog really looks like a mix! Puppies can have more than one father in one litter. If the female got bred twice by 2 different dogs, it can happen.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have mentioned before that Simcha is quite large, 15 lbs, but has shown only Chihuahua on a DNA test. Since he is a rescue, we do not know his lineage. He has Chihuahua looks, and Chihuahua personality, which makes him a perfectly lovable Chi in a larger package.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts