Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my new chi pup today and he's 8 weeks. The thing is.. he already weighs 2 lbs 12 oz!!! Is that huge or what? lol Dolly weighs 5 lbs

Here is a pic of him and Dolly together.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
My big boy Cooper wasn't even that big at 8 weeks... I think I was still weighing him in ounces then.

Who knows ... maybe he was just an early bloomer and will level out, just like human kids.

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
the breeder where i got my puppy from she dog had 1 puppy and he was like almost a full pound when he was born. it was funny b/c she was so big when she was prego. we thouhgt she was going to have so many but he was the only one

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
he does look alot older, also is there a chance he could be crossed ? he sure is a cutie - Ozzy was just 2 pound at 12 weeks and he now weighs 7 pound :wave:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ozzy&Lily'sMom said:
he does look alot older, also is there a chance he could be crossed ? he sure is a cutie - Ozzy was just 2 pound at 12 weeks and he now weighs 7 pound :wave:
Nope.. not crossed at all. But he sure is kinda fat lol ... My guess is he'll be 7 lbs. :)

·
Registered
289 Posts
aaaah, we are gonna give him a complex! - Hes gorgeous, he looks healthy and he has a great home, what more matters! I always think it funny when you hear people that say that a chi is big - like they are ever gonna be really :D

Biba was just under 1lb at 9 weeks when I picked her up, but honestly, she could have been 4lbs for all I cared, more of her to love :wink:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Tucker weighed 1.2 pounds at 8 weeks and now at 18 months he weighs 8.4 pounds. He is a pound or so over his ideal weight, though. :?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts