Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I wanted another Chi and I got one! I forgot how difficult housebreaking a dog was. However, my biggest obstacle so far has been keeping the puppy food away from my older chi. She has already been on diet food for for some time. She weighs about 9 lbs. When I feed the baby I sit and watch for her to eat and when she walks away, I put up her food dish. If I don't, then the big chi eats everything in the baby's bowl. This is getting to be a pain. Any suggestions??

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Uh no I have the same problem, I had to cut Bindi's down, she eats like a bird then HOOVER comes up and polishes it off :shock:

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
you know they are in cohoots with each other. the bigger one will say "oh i'm so hungry ever since we got you mommy hasn't been feeding me enough, maybe you could save me some of yours..." so the little one feeling sorry leaves it :)

well that is what we would say about my uncle's pit bull and fatty fat beagle lol!

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
It's one of the reasons I'm not pushing getting another chi even though I desperately want one, Marcus is a slow, slow, dainty eater. My first chi sucked up all his food at once and I'm afraid if I ended up with another one like that Marcus would starve or the second one would be fat as a pig.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts