Chihuahua People Forum banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Poor Bindi. :(

Lily had 4 teeth removed the 1st time, 1 the 2nd time and 1 the 3rd time. She was always ravenous after each surgery! When she had the last surgery a couple weeks ago, she was in a lot of pain on the ride home. The vet had given me some liquid pain meds with a syringe and I just squirted it in her mouth.

As for food, we started with homemade chicken broth, as I knew she'd be thirsty. That stayed down so I gave her some ricotta cheese and milk heated slightly in the microwave. She was still hungry so I cooked up a batch of rice in chicken broth and she ate every single grain! She would have eaten even more but I was afraid to give her too much. :lol:

I'm sure Bindi will bounce right back. For now, you have even more reason to spoil her rotten. :)

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Poor little girl! Gosh I remember my girls looking like that after...well besides Ginger...she was wound up when I got her back.

And yes having dew claws removed this late can cause bone infections...usually if they are going to do it the do the first couple days of life.

Glad to hear she is home recovering.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Kemo's mamma said:
oh RRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYY?
when we you gonna tell me Vala? :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: all in due time...I was gonna say also that Smelly has the same body structure as Kemo, from the pics on the pic section but I forgot..when I saw him...I said..is like looking at Smelly but in a different color..

:flower: We are all happy that Bindi came out great..the boys send her lots of hugs and nose kisses! :wave:

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Rachael Polachek said:
Did she have any appetite last night at all? Is she feeling better today?
You are so sweet! Yes she ate but has had the runs.....twice. She wants to eat but we have her on chicken baby food and canned chicken. Im a little ticked at the vet cause I wanted to know if he meds they put her on can cause the runs but they just skirted around the issue never really answering me and I dont get to talk to the doc or nurse I get the receptionist :roll: to He** with them I will treat her myself.

If she has them more still I will have to call or take her off the meds and give her Rimadyl.

She is doing way more than I expected her to do. Still cant pick her up so sometimes that is an issue. But overall I am happy she is eating, she even tried to give Kemo some crap but I broke it up.

I am sure she will be back to cause havok in no time :D

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Kemo's mom, after Lily's surgery I assumed that the meds would give her diarrhea... which is why I fed her rice that first night. I figured the last thing she needed after going without food for 24 hours would be diarrhea. I was so obsessed with getting food and liquids back into her. :lol:

I know your baby girl will be back to her old self in no time at all. :)

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Vic, I started to tear up when I saw the pics of little Bindi. She looked so pity. I am glad that is she is doing well. I wasn't able to pick Kiwi up at all for several days. Peaches was pretty easy after her surgery. For the runs Kiwi had them last week and the vet said to cook plain rice and use Chicken broth to have a little flavor.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
kiwi love said:
Vic, I started to tear up when I saw the pics of little Bindi. She looked so pity.
i know i want to take her pain for her.........its killing me, last night she just whined like very 2 minutes, I finally had to sleep with her on the floor...then she licked me :D

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Rachael Polachek said:
Kemo's mom, after Lily's surgery I assumed that the meds would give her diarrhea... which is why I fed her rice that first night.
We are getting her white rice tonight from a chinese place, and I am like you - I kept wanting her to drink and eat...LOL

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Aww! I hope she's doing well! Two things can cause the diarrhea, the obvious one being stress/pain/disorientation which can change her GI patterns, and the other being any IV antibiotics they gave (amoxicillin, cefazolin, etc...). Chicken and rice will help as suggested already. If you have difficulty getting her to down the Rimadyl, and she seems in too much pain, you can ask your vet for oral Buprenex which she won't have to swallow (absorbs through mucous membranes) and will help with the pain from the spay too.

Good luck, she looks cute as ever, and hope she bounces back really quick!
-Nate

41 - 60 of 62 Posts