Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i need to know where i can get a dog birthday cake , treats ect.? tillies b-day is on the 5th and im having a party that weekend but cant find anywhere to get a b-day cake for under £5? i only have £20 in total and have to ger prezzies ect. too! anyone know where i can get things? x

·
Registered
786 Posts
A lot of dog bakeries and small, family owned pet shops make dog cakes. Have you heard of Lainey's Pawtique & Bakery? Look her up on Etsy.com and Facebook!! I bet she could make you a fabulous one, and she has good prices.

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
Is it hot their? If so why not make Popsicles? Also I pored a thread in crafts on how to make birthday hats.

·
Banned
5,610 Posts
You can buy dog cake mixes online, but I agree with the others. It would probably be cheaper to just find a recipe online and make one. You could just decorate it with treats, or dog safe "chocolate" products like carob?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I know the website petflow.com has boxed cake mixes(like better Crocker for dogs) that are for dogs. I think they are around $9(I'm not sure about conversion rates). For Odin's birthday I'm going to be using that. I also found a lot of good recipes for dog biscuits on pintrest(I've made a entire board for Odins bday)

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What about making one? You can find recipes online I made little doggie cupcakes before I used peanut butter for the icing
yeah i was thinking of that but i wanted a really good looking one and i dont think im that good at decorating lol x
A lot of dog bakeries and small, family owned pet shops make dog cakes. Have you heard of Lainey's Pawtique & Bakery? Look her up on Etsy.com and Facebook!! I bet she could make you a fabulous one, and she has good prices.
yeah here we dont have that LOL we have 1 petshop and they sell like small things lol the dog buissness aint big down here :p and i will! but i dunno if they ship to the uk.
Is it hot their? If so why not make Popsicles? Also I pored a thread in crafts on how to make birthday hats.
i will it was! LOL its pouring it down as it always is in cornwall! lol x
You could make one. My mom made her dog a cake out of meats. I don't know how she did it though.
yeah im thinking of doing that :D x
You can buy dog cake mixes online, but I agree with the others. It would probably be cheaper to just find a recipe online and make one. You could just decorate it with treats, or dog safe "chocolate" products like carob?
yeah im thinking of that now :D x
I know the website petflow.com has boxed cake mixes(like better Crocker for dogs) that are for dogs. I think they are around $9(I'm not sure about conversion rates). For Odin's birthday I'm going to be using that. I also found a lot of good recipes for dog biscuits on pintrest(I've made a entire board for Odins bday)
ty for the suggestions! now going to look :D x

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
Here are some quick receipes I found online for you:

Doggie Birthday Cake Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Ingredients
1 egg
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup cooking oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup honey (optional)
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup whole wheat or white flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
Directions
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 6 cup ring mold.
2.Combine the egg, peanut butter, oil, vanilla, and honey, if desired, in a large bowl; blend well. Stir in the carrots and mix thoroughly. Sift together the flour and baking soda and fold into the carrot mixture. Spoon cake batter into prepared pan.
3.Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes. Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes; then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.

Ones with lots of good recipes:

Dog Birthday Party How To

Dog Birthday Cake Recipes

dog birthday cake recipes

Lots of goodies and some grain free, etc
Our Homemade Dog Treats - Recipes that are Easy, Tested, and Delicious!

Holistic treats:
Holistic Dog - How to naturally feed your dog without chemical or preservatives

Homemade Dog Treat Recipes

And just for the raw feeders:
Take ground meat (whatever you meat you feed and layer it in a cookie cuttter or pan until it takes the shape you want and you can use jerky for icing by layering it on top of your mold.

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
Np I am constantly looking things up for my kids and come across a lot of cool stuff. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts