Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My little Walter is 11 weeks old and he can be the calmest sweetest puppy at times; however, there are times when he seems to turn into a little demon. Biting is one of the main concerns I have; however, he is also started to growl or "talk back" at times when he's doing something he's not supposed to be doing and I scold him. I have been trying to do some research on how to get him to stop biting and how to stop this behavior; however, I'm not sure what would work best. Can you guys please share some of your tips, techniques, stories on how you encouraged your puppies to stop biting?

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
This is quite normal puppy behaviour, mine were like that too. :) The technique that has worked best for me is ignoring the puppy. When he bites, get up, turn your back on him or walk away and ignore him for a bit. Eventually he'll learn that biting means getting no attention from you and he'll stop. You can say 'NO', 'no biting!' or do a high pitch yelp (to show him that biting is hurting you) before ignoring him too. It may take a while, but you'll get there.

My Lilo also had little tantrums when I told her off for doing something wrong. I pretty much did the same thing, I either ignored her or lifted her up in the air, facing away from me, and held her there until she calmed down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts