Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LeStat started to run at me, and only me, when I leave through any door.Now he has started to bite the top of my feet.
I started to try and stop him even running at my feet, he barks at the same time, which was working to a point but now he's started biting how can I stop him doing this?

It's mainly only me he does it to but it hurts like a begger when he actually bites....I can usually get out before he bites but not always.

I've tried a rattle bag, verbal discipline and a water gun but nothing stops the little devil!
I'd rather not have to pick him up or put him in a crate when I go out as my OH is usually still in the room/house when I am leaving.

·
Registered
311 Posts
White socks in motion in our house is now officially dangerous business. This just started for us & she has nothing white to play with and we don't really play any tug games with her. (KnK who is the kitty she plays with though is for the most part white). At first she was going after my daughter's feet, now anyone is fair game. And yep it's hurts like a buggar. She is like a dog obsessed. I haven't had an success in getting to to change her stance on it either. I gingerly remove teeth from from foot, give a stern Be Nice! and X- pen her for a a couple minutes ~ but I know she is just sitting there thinking please let the socks still be around when I get out of Time Out. They are like her own personal Doggie Crack.

She does get a little more aggressive when going through the "tooth removal" portion of this "exercise". I have enrolled her is Kinder Puppy and hoping this topic is addressed. My little girl loves her to bits, but she doesn't much care for the foot attack or having to wear crocs at night in the house so she can go to sleep with as much skin as she started the day with. I can't say I blame her as I am not a fan of it either. I am able to realize the pup is a pup and we will change this behavior, a 6 year old though in pain and becoming afraid is not able to see the light at the end of the tunnel as clearly though.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LeStat is 19 months old so hasn' the excuse of being a puppy.

He doesn't sink his teeth in to the point I have to remove him from my foot but he 'snacks' at my feet and always the top of my foot where he knows it will hurt the most. He doesn't attack feet at any other time and not usually anyone elses other than mine.

I feel for your daughter I'm 46 and I'm getting scared of this little shark I have when I want to leave a room.
I've tried letting him come with me into other rooms but he still tries to bite me before he follows me.
I'm not letting him go through a door before me though.

·
Registered
311 Posts
We actually have a chant in the house ~ we don't let the dog/ or little girl hear it just in case but it's

Shark Mouth Chi Hua Hua (think tribal sounding when you say it)

Dear Lord are those teeth sharp!

Here is to hoping someone has some words of wisdom and can save out feet!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts