Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi my 3 month old chi/terrier bobo, recently started biting his private part...hmm maybe less than a week now...it doesnt seem like he's biting because its itchy...he bites to the point where theres teeth marks and its all red...and his "lipstick" comes out...whats going on with him? does anyone know why?...im afraid its gonna bleed one day! oh, should i snap him out of it and not let him do it..or just let him be?

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Gosh good question.....that is definately not normal. I would suggest you call your vet and ask them if this is normal or if he needs to go in to be seen. I dont own boy chi's so I dont know if this is normal boy behavior or not. I do work as a vet tech and I just dont see that being normal.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Cooper has never done anything like that, although he did go through a stage where he was fascinated by his "man-stuff". He would check it out at different times during the day but it doesn't sound like the same behavior to me.

It's possible he's got something up in there - or it could be a urinary infection... I'd call the vet on this one.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies...i'll ask the vet at his next appt. =) i'll just keep him distracted from his "man stuff" (hehe) till then so he doesnt hurt himself.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
are you sure he doesn't have an infection ??
maybe it's compulsive behaviour .....?

i would let a vet check him and if nothing is wrong .......say no everytime he does it ,before he hurts himself

kisses nat

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I would be really suspicious of some kind of infection that is really bothering him. I certainly wouldn't wait until his "next appointment" though. I would take my baby now because i would hate for him to have to go through discomfort any longer than necessary. Only a vet exam and tests can determine the cause, if any and recommend treatment. :)

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
JOLIE'SMOM said:
I would be really suspicious of some kind of infection that is really bothering him. I certainly wouldn't wait until his "next appointment" though. I would take my baby now because i would hate for him to have to go through discomfort any longer than necessary. Only a vet exam and tests can determine the cause, if any and recommend treatment. :)
I agree. I wouldn't wait until his next vet appt. either.

·
Registered
402 Posts
EW

Okay Im going to tell you a little story that a friend of a friend of mine told me... actually my bestfriend told me this story and it was about her roomates dog. He was a big dog but i dont think size really matters in this story hah.
This dog use to really like his privates to the point where they would catch him licking away until he got very excited and they had to hose him off! So maybe your dog is doing that... but a little obsessive compulvily. Sorry bout the gross story but I just thought you may want to know that it does happen!!!!!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well ive been watching him
and he doesnt do it unless he's bored of everything
and when he's riding in the car
he can be distracted from it.

we have a vet appt. on friday.
they're all booked we'll have to do a walk in.

i sure hope its not an infection or obsession!

thanks for the concern you guys it means a lot to us

1 - 9 of 9 Posts