Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all :)As i said i adopted a chi mix (crossed with pug). He is thankfully in good health and appetite :D however he is constantly biting everything. My hands are changing shape lol. I know all puppies bite but this seems like too much. Any help is welcome :)Dobby is due tomorrow for his first vaccine, pls keep him in ur prayers :) x x x

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
How old is he? It's normal in pups who are taken away from their mums early (before 12 weeks) I
Got daisy at 8 weeks as I didn't know this was wrong and se nipped and nipped so I started biting back with my hand and ignoring her it worked well

Lotus has never nipped

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Sounds like teething to me. Give him a toy or rawhide to chew. Every time he starts biting on you, say "NO" & give his rawhide. Or make oowie noises.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I squeal and make owie noises when Godric mouths too hard. He's getting ready to teeth/is teething and his mouth is open constantly.

I saw a long time ago Victoria Stillwell did the loud squeal/ignore and it worked so I tried and it startles him into stopping for sure and it's cut down on the amount he tries.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a loud noise does startle him however he gets used to it after a few times and i'm running out of different noises lol. now i'm doing the noise and then ignoring him so maybe he'll learn that the two go together... we'll see what happens after some time :) tnx for your advice :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts