Chihuahua People Forum banner

Biting/Temper and Stopped wanting to walk :(

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Chico Time 
He's till kind of young, but nonetheless, needs to learn. I didn't put a harness or collar on Angel until he was older, but that was because at 2lbs, I wasn't going to take him out in the snow yet!

But, when I did put a harness on him, I had a very small treat in my hand, put my hand through the neck of the harness and slipped it over his head while he was eating the treat, then I gave him one more so I could finish the job! I don't really like giving them a lot of treats, but once they get the idea they can be weaned off the treats and rewarded with lots of love and pats!

When he stopped walking, I would gently tug him along. But only short walks at first. He will be walking like a pro in no time at all. And above all, he needs to learn bite inhibition. I thought my chi would never learn, but he does really, really well, considering how many bites I got when he was a pup! haha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.