Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rosco has an aweful habit of bitting my fingers or hands. I always hand feed baby and sasha sometimes somthing special like a good quality meat or hotdogs and somtimes there dog food so I do it with rosco to but he always bites my fingers and hands. Also after feeding them and the food is all gone he follows me around and if my hand is in reach of him he will reach up and snip me. I have no clue what his deal is...LOL it is no where near hard enough to hurt or break the skin its just weird he does this. Anyone eles little guy or girl do this to?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Hmmm...do you wash your hands really good afterwards? Maybe he smells it on your fingers? :?
I know that Mully can be greedy when Willie, or another dog is around, and she got me once, thinking I still had food.
She just lost her head for a minute. I did scold her verbally. A few minutes later I offered her another treat, telling her firmly "Easy", and she was very gentle in taking the treat.
I have kids so I expect my dogs to try to remember their manners. If they forget I remind them with a sharp tone and I get the big eyes and sad ears, but then they get another chance and they always, always take the treat like perfect angels :) I have experience with several other breeds and I was surprised how sensitive these guys are to a sharp voice. I know I can't actually yell at mine, no way!- they would be devastated :cry:
Hope this helps, good luck with the biting!

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
when you hand feed him i would hold the food or treat in my fist and open it it slowly and let him take it out of the palm of my hand. it's how i taught my pit to take things gently.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
my aussie, Buddy, used to do that. I'd feed him his treats and he'd bite my hand...not hard or anything. i always thought it was because he thought there was MORE of the treat in my hand and he didn't want to miss out on getting every last crumb.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for the advice I tried Luvs way and it works wonders so far he has only bite me once and its after all the treats are gone and he thinks I still have some. I do wash my hands afterwards so I have no clue why he still trys to bite thinking I still have treats.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts