Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I thought I had conquered the urge to bite on my fingers thing with my Lola, but for the past couple of days she's gone right back to biting everything in her grasp!! :roll: She's nearly fourteen weeks old now so I'm wondering whether her teeth are bothering her at the moment particularly? What do you think? I have trained her to understand NO and always tried to distract her with her toys and bone which was working real well but just lately she's ignoring all that and clamping down on my fingers... nose.... ears.... everything!! Should I just continue how I was doing it or what as I'm a bit confused and perplexed!!

Thanks

Lucie & Lola :wave:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Porsha bites some when she plays. she has bit every since we got her but she only does it when she is all fiesty feeling and playful. Do ya think yours may just want to play or roughhouse? or yours could be teething.
but alway say no biting if it is hardbiting . Porsha has a playful bite and a aggresive bite when we play she will play bite but sometimes she will get over excited and bite aggresive and i stop playing woith her and say no biting youll hurt momma and she settles down. then i resume playing until she gets rough again and then i repeat it.

·
Registered
683 Posts
My coco was the same, she was doing the aggresive biting thing and wow is it real nippy those sharp teeth! I did the same as the rest i stopped playing with her and gave her the toy or a chew stick, now she doesnt bite hard at all when we play she bites me soft and sometime i will hold a teddy up and make it a lil challenging for her and she goes mad at the teddy not me - luckily. You're chi will take some time, having a puppy is all about repetiton - your baby will understand what you mean soon!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts