Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just felt like talking.

I gotta say i am a little jealous of everyones Chi outfits. Gizzy HATES outfits it doesn't matter what it is. Form a collar to his Hoodie hes had since he was a baby. The other day i woke up to him crying at my feet because he managed to somehow, fit his front leg through it and it was so tight around his neck and under part of his arm i thought i was going tohave to cut it off. He's never had an issue before besdies itching all the time since he was little.

I dont know if any of you know it or what i am talking about but a TV show called Rugrats, Ever remember the episode where they all want to be naked?? Well it reminds me of my little guy! he just is a free spirit and wants nothing to do with any of it!

:)

I wikes being nakwed

·
Registered
602 Posts
Haha Yes! I know what you mean with the Rugrats! haha Fiddle hates outfits too! IF I can get one on her she will then sook and be all mopey untill I take it off her again!

Her original outfit was a sock, I can sort of understand her hate for that because it was tight, I got her a tshirt hoodie the other day..... she hates it too!

And yes, Fiddle has time and time again, put her paw in her collar! haha. We ended up getting a cat collar which has a break away clip so if she does it when im not there she wont strangle herself

Here is a pic of her being a sook and refusing to play or take treats

Sock Shirt by Fiddle Chi and Me!, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Gizzy, you bewtiful naked! :D

Don't feel bad. My guys hate clothes for the most part. Collars too. I don't make mine wear clothes unless it's real cold out, and only for the time they are outside. Honestly, if they get used to wearing clothes, it's harder for them to regulate heat normally. So unless they are outside in the cold, they truly do not need them. Not even my 2 lb. Jade gets cold unless the temps are low. They get chilled quite a bit after baths, but I just wrap them in warm blankets until they are completely dry. We have tons of clothes, but other than pics, the occasional around town to show off type thing, or cold outside temps, mine love and prefer to be naked. So let Gizzy show his buff! :lol:

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Gizmoe is adorable! Roo doesn't mind them at all, but my Pip hates them. I pretty much never put anything on him unless he's going out in the cold.

Gizzy, you bewtiful naked! :D

Don't feel bad. My guys hate clothes for the most part. Collars too. I don't make mine wear clothes unless it's real cold out, and only for the time they are outside. Honestly, if they get used to wearing clothes, it's harder for them to regulate heat normally. So unless they are outside in the cold, they truly do not need them.
I think that's true, although on the east coast sometimes even I'm cold in the house with the heat on fairly high in the Winter. (Yes, I'm a wimp :p) I can tell Roo finds it really cold in the house in the Winter too, she just has so little fur, even my vet suggested keeping something on her so sometimes I will put a hoodie on her inside. I never thought about them not being able to regulate heat if you let them wear clothes so now I'm pondering that. Hmm. Although what would be the difference between them wearing a hoodie inside as compared to them sleeping for hours covered with a blanket?

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Zoey loves clothes, she puts her head & legs in them like a kid getting dressed. She doesn't have a normal coat due to her CDA so I've always had her wearing clothes. Gizmoe doesn't need any clothes he's a handsome boy :)

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Gizmoe is adorable! Roo doesn't mind them at all, but my Pip hates them. I pretty much never put anything on him unless he's going out in the cold.

I think that's true, although on the east coast sometimes even I'm cold in the house with the heat on fairly high in the Winter. (Yes, I'm a wimp :p) I can tell Roo finds it really cold in the house in the Winter too, she just has so little fur, even my vet suggested keeping something on her so sometimes I will put a hoodie on her inside. I never thought about them not being able to regulate heat if you let them wear clothes so now I'm pondering that. Hmm. Although what would be the difference between them wearing a hoodie inside as compared to them sleeping for hours covered with a blanket?
Bizkit (8 y.o. SC) has always seemed to get cold easily. I put a coat on him to go outside when it's really cold (when it's really, really cold we just let them "out" in the garage). His first clothes were socks too! They work great for tiny dogs.
Bizkit has a heating pad in his bed. It's on low and on a timer so it's only on overnight. It's covered with a blanket and a pad. He LOVES that thing! He would live there if you'd let him. I had one set up for him during the day too but the girls kept uncovering it and I was afraid they might bite into the cord so that one had to go. I recently added a kind of bone-shaped pad to his bed just for more comfort. Nine times out of ten, he burrows under the pad and sleeps in a cave (closer to the heating pad). I don't think there's any such thing as too warm for him!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Just felt like talking.

I gotta say i am a little jealous of everyones Chi outfits. Gizzy HATES outfits it doesn't matter what it is. Form a collar to his Hoodie hes had since he was a baby. The other day i woke up to him crying at my feet because he managed to somehow, fit his front leg through it and it was so tight around his neck and under part of his arm i thought i was going tohave to cut it off. He's never had an issue before besdies itching all the time since he was little.

I dont know if any of you know it or what i am talking about but a TV show called Rugrats, Ever remember the episode where they all want to be naked?? Well it reminds me of my little guy! he just is a free spirit and wants nothing to do with any of it!

:)

I wikes being nakwed

Your sweet baby doesn't even need clothes. He's adorable just the way he is! But I get your point, it is fun to play dress up.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Bizkit (8 y.o. SC) has always seemed to get cold easily. I put a coat on him to go outside when it's really cold (when it's really, really cold we just let them "out" in the garage). His first clothes were socks too! They work great for tiny dogs.
Bizkit has a heating pad in his bed. It's on low and on a timer so it's only on overnight. It's covered with a blanket and a pad. He LOVES that thing! He would live there if you'd let him. I had one set up for him during the day too but the girls kept uncovering it and I was afraid they might bite into the cord so that one had to go. I recently added a kind of bone-shaped pad to his bed just for more comfort. Nine times out of ten, he burrows under the pad and sleeps in a cave (closer to the heating pad). I don't think there's any such thing as too warm for him!
Ha, I know what you mean! Roo especially can lay in the sun all day, she can never be warm enough it seems. Bizkit's bed sounds awesome. I'm sure my two would live in there too, if they could. :lol:

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha Gizzy is the same way i usually have my heating blanket on my bed in the winter because my room gets super cold no matter how high the heat is in the winter. They love being warm! But when we go outside he hates his sweater so much he wont even go potty. i usually have to shovel a space for him when it snows and tell him to hurry so he doesnt get sick :( hes usually quick about it because he hates the winter anyway :)

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Clothes are the ONE and ONLY thing I ever complain about with Lu... SHE decides what she will wear. Some things I'll put on her and she just romps around like nothing; other outfits she will just plant a firm stance and won't move. Ears pulled back, glaring...
She loves her coat; she loves one of her dresses; but if I dare pull out a cute tee or sweater she takes off runnin'..

Ellie loves everything I put on her; and Gatsby doesn't mind but he rolls around so much everything ends up coming off of him. We find his hoodies in the most random places lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts