Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Nooooope. I could, I don't have to work till afternoon but i'd rather pay a few more dollars than deal with the hordes of people and craziness at 4am.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Black Friday is some insane term they came up with which is the day after Thanksgiving to signify "Countdown to Christmas" and essentially the start of the holiday shopping season.

In response retailers open early with "doorbusters" in which you have to beat out other crazy people who head out at 3-4am to get these sales.

Some stores even open tonight, Toys R Us for sure opens at 10 tonight on Thanksgiving and will be open all night for sale specials. I drove by BestBuy (electronics store) on my way to families for lunch today and there are already people CAMPING outside to be the first inside for the sales.

Overall, it's just an excuse to spend too much money.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Haha sounds crazy, I hate sales and it doesn't help that I work in Debenhams. they have a sale nearly every week. People go loony for a bargain.
xxx

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Ahhh yes, Black Friday; it's only for those who have prepared themselves and are organized about what they want to buy and how they're going to get it. I say this because I took part of it last year, going to WalMart at 6am with my mom and after about 3 hours of being in the store, ended up with about 3 things.

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
i was thinking of going to Stein Mart tomorrow. they open at 6 am.
they have some faux fur animal print throws on sale for 16.99, then a coupon if you spend 25.00 , you get 10 dollars off, so i could get 2 of em for 24 dollars :) , i'll decide tomorrow morning if i feel like going out that early

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im going to Bath & body works they are having a buy 3 get 3 sale on bodywash & lotions & I have a $10 off of $30 so Im getting 6 things for about $20 which is a good deal for there then i have a spend $10 get a free item of your choice...

Im also going to Bealls to use a coupon for $10 off of $25

then Im hoping to get my free bag of Fromm from the petstore...Im also working some so it should be a full day...

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Yeah you have to use those B&BW offers separate, I went there last night. I MAAAAAAY stop by B&BW tomorrow, but it's very unlikely. I wish more places did online shopping deals.

Which is bad because that'd set me up to spend too much money.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I'll be getting the bag of Fromm, but that's probably about it. I'm not brave enough to deal with the Black Friday mob. :lol: That Bath and Body sale Brandi mentioned is tempting though.. Seems a lot of the best sales are always way early though and I'd really rather sleep in. haha.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Wow! After Brandi mentioned that I went to B&BW.com and LAST NIGHT I bought a candle for $20 today they have them 2/$20!!! Are you kidding me!

Grrrrrrr!

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Im hiding cause my hubby went out and smashed my SUV up lastnite!
It was black ice here and he rear ended a lady.I worked on it for a year
painting it myself.Im just sick.I got mad and hes making me the bad guy!!
He was driving way too fast!!!Now hes refusing to drive and wants me
to take him off our Ins policy as its going to double most likely.
He has a bad driving record/tickets.Oh we have NO COLLISION EITHER.
He has to fix it!!! God help me right now.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Oh no. I'm really sorry, Rhonda. :( x

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow! After Brandi mentioned that I went to B&BW.com and LAST NIGHT I bought a candle for $20 today they have them 2/$20!!! Are you kidding me!

Grrrrrrr!
I just used a coupon the other day to get the same candles for $10 each.. the sales are a bit of a scam if you think about it they are constantly giving out coupons then calling it a sale next week..

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Im hiding cause my hubby went out and smashed my SUV up lastnite!
It was black ice here and he rear ended a lady.I worked on it for a year
painting it myself.Im just sick.I got mad and hes making me the bad guy!!
He was driving way too fast!!!Now hes refusing to drive and wants me
to take him off our Ins policy as its going to double most likely.
He has a bad driving record/tickets.Oh we have NO COLLISION EITHER.
He has to fix it!!! God help me right now.
that stinks... hope everyone is ok..

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I'm only going to one store to buy a kitchen mat that I've had my eye on for over 2 years! It's usually $100 but will be marked down to $25 so I'm getting it. I ordered something from Amazon already and will be getting the Fromm's but that's it.

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
LOL your Black Friday sounds as mad as the January sales here.
I tend to stay away from the nutters at that time.
I get a lot online.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I thought of going to a fur free Friday demonstration. I will probably go nowhere.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts