Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey
daisy hasn't got off to a good start with her tummy. She finished her meds on friday. I noticed yesterday after her dinner she bloated out like she had pmt! Seriously her little tummy was huge. Went down after she had a poo but she isn't a frequent pooer she goes 4 times a day but not straight after her meals.

is bloating normal? She does eat v quickly!

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Not sure about this one myself but bumping up and hopefully someone will chime in soon ;-)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
How much did she bloat? Phoebe's stomach gets noticably full after a large meal, and she looks much less thin (she's small framed) but I wouldn't consider it bloating. Its just she's small so is her tummy.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Bloating is very different than having a full tummy. Our last dog had bloating due to heart failure at the end of his like, if you looked down at him you could see it from above, it was visible on the sides of his tummy.

If you are not satisfied that it is just a full tummy, take her off to the vet.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pretty sure its just a v full tummy with air. She is slim (as a furry puppy can be) again this morning and just seems to be after her evening meal she puffs out and looks like she has a v wide bum. Will try take some pictures tonight if it happens again. Will ask vet next week as we back then. He's gonna be sick of me and my questions.
thanks for answering :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts