Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My vet never mentioned anything about doing bloodwork on Ote before her spay appointment on August 25th. I assume that bloodwork would be done closer to the date of the spay, but not the morning of the surgery. Should I contact them and ask if it is possible to get this bloodwork done? If there is anything I can due to reduce the risk, I am willing to do it - no matter the cost! Let me know your opinions on this. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
both of mine was morning before the surgery as it is all tested in house

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
None of mine had pre-surgery bloodwork.
I attributed it to my doctor preferring to use gas anesthesia on dogs their size. As soon as they stopped breathing the gas they were awake. No nausea nor diarrhea afterwards.

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Tootsie is getting spayed on July 9. Her Vet does not require the bloodwork, its an option you can choose. i will be getting it done though, especially because of her age, she's 4. They do there blookwork the morning of. Also while she's there she will be getting the best job ever of getting her nails cut.. she hates her nails being cut so what a great opportunity while she's under. i told them to use the dremel. And , they will examine her teeth to remove any plaque.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
The bloodwork was optional when Taz was spayed at 6 months old. I had it done just to be safe and they did it the morning of the surgery.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts