Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the 10 month old chi that I will be adopting. His pictures were taken by the owner. They're very cloudy, small and not in good light. The puppies in the picture are about 3 months or something like that. The puppies are rescues and they got fixed recently. There is one picture of him at 5 weeks old when he was dumped by his breeder at a rescue where the owner is a foster. He was dumped at 5 weeks old because of a hernia. The hernia was fixed, and he's had no problems since then. She intended on keeping him, but her daughter will be having surgery in a month or so and she needs to relocate to a relatives house.

His colors are not that clear in the pictures so I can't tell for sure if he's really blue or a shade of blue.

·
Registered
407 Posts
He is precious and looks like a hoot! Blues have a soft spot in my heart. Some of you know that 10 yeas ago I had a home invasion and those monsters took my then 13 week blue female chi. I only had her for 3 weeks and we had alrready bonded, ject.devasting. Sorry that I went off sub

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everybody. I thought he looked pretty cute for a rescue, and he looks similar in size and shape to Venus except that he's a bit heavier. She was just a stray from the shelter so she's pretty cute for a rescue too. He sounds very sweet according to the owner. He's been raised by people since he was 5 weeks old so I figure he's very well socialized. She even sleeps with him in her bed, and he's very used to kids and other dogs.

The owner was fostering him, but the rescue she fostered for ran out of money so she had to pay for all of his surgeries in order to save him. That's why she was going to keep him, but then her daughter's surgeries came up so she decided to find him a home. All of the puppies she is fostering have found a home too.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I thought he looked pretty cute for a rescue, and he looks similar in size and shape to Venus except that he's a bit heavier. She was just a stray from the shelter so she's pretty cute for a rescue too.
LOL!! :lol: So what are you saying, most rescue dogs aren't cute?? =P

Haha; he is really adorable! He looks a lot darker blue in the recent pictures than he did as a pup. He reminds me of a blue min-pin if that ever existed lol!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, rescues can be very cute too. What I meant was that I don't expect them to be as cute as they are because they were just dumped or weren't cared for. Even though I know it happens all the time, it's still hard to imagine a really cute dog being dumped, neglected, or abandoned so when there is a cute rescue available I'm surprised.

I am picking him up Sunday afternoon so I should have some pictures of him by Sunday evening. The lighting in the pictures is so bad that I can't tell what color he really is. I think she took all of them at night and indoors with the exception of the one where he is a puppy. I barely know what a blue dog even looks like because I just heard about them.

He does look like a min pin, and I'm sure people will ask me all the time if he is a min pin or what kind of dog he is. A lot of people don't think Venus is a chi because of her coloring. I don't know if she's really a chi because I don't know her breeding, but she is 4lbs of cuteness.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Awww she's so pretty! I see all chihuahua as well. The markings are rat-terrier-ish but have seen some chihuahuas that way too; her face and body shape looks all chihuahua!!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
She does look rat terrier or even a toy fox terrier in her markings, but the shape of her body, head, and tail are very different from a rat terrier or a toy fox terrier. She is mistaken for a rat terrier if she's mistaken for another breed at all. It's usually, "What kind of dog is that?" and, "I've never seen a chihuahua that looks like that so are you sure she is a chihuahua?" Of course I tell them that I'm not actually sure, but she is a chi as far as I can tell and as far as other chi owners, breeders, vets, and groomers can guess. Now I'll have a "min pin" and a "rat terrier".

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
LOL!! People always assume my LC chi's are pomeranians or even papillon. I would love to see a chocolate papillon. =P I'm surprised how many folks don't know that LC chihuahuas even exist. Seems like so many people just see the stereotypical "taco bell" chihuahua, and assume they're all light tan with huge ears and short coats.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My Cricket is a "taco bell" chi lol
I can barely see Cricket in your avatar, but she is very very cute from what I can see. I don't think she looks like the Taco Bell dog except that she is a similar color. The Taco Bell dog is cute, but not really very Chihuahua looking.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I can barely see Cricket in your avatar, but she is very very cute from what I can see. I don't think she looks like the Taco Bell dog except that she is a similar color. The Taco Bell dog is cute, but not really very Chihuahua looking.
What is the other chi? They are both very pretty.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts