Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about blue eyed chi’s as I have heard some not so good things about chihuahuas with blue eyes. A puppy that I will be adopting has very blue eyes, however he is only 6 weeks but none of his siblings have them. His color is fawn I believe with white markings. He is definitely a hidden Merle as his eyes are very blue and has a pink nose, his mom is a Merle but his dad does not carry the Merle gene. I’m just wondering if that is okay or if there are going to be any health issues that I will encounter. Does having blue eyes necessarily mean that he is going to go deaf and or blind at some point? Any responses are greatly appreciated

·
Registered
25 Posts
No, not all dogs with blue eyes go blind or deaf. For example, huskies have blue eyes but most of them are just right but please check with your vet.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a question about blue eyed chi’s as I have heard some not so good things about chihuahuas with blue eyes. A puppy that I will be adopting has very blue eyes, however he is only 6 weeks but none of his siblings have them. His color is fawn I believe with white markings. He is definitely a hidden Merle as his eyes are very blue and has a pink nose, his mom is a Merle but his dad does not carry the Merle gene. I’m just wondering if that is okay or if there are going to be any health issues that I will encounter. Does having blue eyes necessarily mean that he is going to go deaf and or blind at some point? Any responses are greatly appreciated View attachment 56334 View attachment 56335
My girl is fawn blue eyed hidden Merle she is 10 yrs old perfect health I personally wouldn’t hesitate she is adorable

1 - 3 of 3 Posts