Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone,
as you all know i am supposed to be collecting a boy smooth coat blue chi this month. However, i have just spoken to the breeder and she has told me he now looks like he's going to have longer coat!!! She doesn't know how tis has happened as his parents and ancestors are all smooth coats!! Anyway, i never wanted a long coat as i am concerned about grooming, fleas etc. and basically have my heart set on onanother smooth coat. She has offerered to lower the price or alternatively she has offered me a female golden smooth which she was going to keep for herself.

WHAT SHOULD I DO???? she says he looks like he will have an in between length coat - will he look shabby?? (see pictures on picture forum)

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Oh, he's soooo cute though. I seen a Chi earlier today with an in between coat. Or I think it was anyway, I thought to myself 'His hair isn't long and isn't short'. I guess that would be an in between coat. He looked really nice. It was like he had longer hair but smooth. Kinda hard to describe! I don't know what I'd do in that situation. I'd probably already feel bonded eventhough he's not home yet. :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats just it - i do feel bonded and i adore him. Maybe im just neing overcautious. Its just that when i was little i had a rabbit with long hair and it couldnt clean itself properly. Anyway, it got maggots and died a horrible death!!

I know this is totally different as its a dog not a rabbit but it really upset me and has totally put me off long hair

so now im really confused. I would constantly be worried and probably end up over caring and bathing it all the time which would be no good for him but i would just be so cautious.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Kemo is a half and half and he is ok.....he is (or was dreaded shedding :shock: ) a thicker coat, extra soft and slightly fluffy in some spots (back of legs, arms, neck) hard to describe.....so maybe he will be like that.....you really wont know. Don't let that stop you if you have bonded with him. You will get alot more attention w/him anyway :wink:

·
Registered
213 Posts
hello. I think thats sorta cool. I mean a blue is rare as it is.. but to have a semi long coat is even more cool. I have a eskie and he has a doublecoat long coat. I give him a good bath once a month and use alot of conditioner and comb him about every two weeks :) Its super easy :)
I hope you decide to keep him, and maybe will get over your fear :D

·
Registered
559 Posts
gem, i really think you should keep him, he's a special dog and you may regret it if you give him up.

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
ozzy is l/h and I have no probs with fleas or grooming , I only brush him once a week its no prob and he hardly sheds at all :D

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
My Pablo has an in between coat (so far) and he is easy to take care of, though I do have to brush him every few days because he sheds. But it is as easy as petting him. He too was supposed to be a smooth coat, and boy were we surprised when his fur kept getting longer and longer! He is now 14 months and it keeps getting longer. His tail is starting to get bushier now too, just in the past couple weeks. I notice his fur wants to part down the middle of his back if he hasn't been brushed for a few days. You will love it. I would take him in a minute.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think this puppy is a keeper. There is a good reason this has come to pass, even if you don't see it now. I would keep keep him. Please let us know what you decide.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts