Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Chi peeps,

First time posting! 1 and a half month owner of a cute Chi called Ninja. Just had the poor fella neutered and micro chipped and has fully healed.

One thing i have noticed while he was sleeping on my lap are these blue dots on the inside of his ear which i am a little worried about. I'm not sure if they were there before i put him in for his op.

Could anyone shed some light?

Oh and heres a snap shot of him ;)

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
They look like little tiny ruptures of some small blood vessels inside the ear. Just watch and see if they go away like bruises do. May take up to 2 weeks. Sue

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
It almost looks like a tattoo. Some vets at animal shelters do them to show they are neutered and/or chipped. You see it routinely on ferrets. Rarely on dogs. I'd call your vet and ask.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Looks like a tattoo to me. They might have been there before the neuter and you just didn't notice. Most shelters tattoo on the abdomen to show that the animals are spayed or neutered but they have gone away from using the ears (used to years ago). You could always just call the vet and ask if they tattooed his ear and if they didn't then somewhere in his history someone did. No worries, they won't hurt anything.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yep that's a spay/neuter tattoo. They still routinely use them here in Australia. Where are you from? Ours look like a dashed or broken lined circle with a dashed line through the middle just like in Ninja's ear.

I am hoping I can talk the vet out of tattooing Pebbles' ear when she goes in for her spay as it will just look awful :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you everyone, as most said it turned out to be a neuter tattoo! Had no idea they did this until now :)

Yep in Perth, WA here. The tatt looks similar to what you describe, sort of looks like a simple fish drawing with dots.

Hope you can opt out I read somewhere that they place them in other places now or completely do without, i'm lucky with Ninja because of his long coat!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts