Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to board Chico and Kody until Friday because of a Business Trip. Normally my son takes care of them but he is also on vacation so a boarding kennel is the only answer :foxes15: Its the first time boarding for both me and the doggies so I am scared to death...... they are boarding at their VET office so at least I know they are in good hands ....but I am still VERY anxious...

my question concerns Tips..... is tipping the caretaker normal? if so, how much??

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I used to work as a kennel attendant at a vet clinic taking care of boarding animals all day, and I was never tipped. I'm not even sure if they would have let someone tip me. :p

I don't think it's a standard thing to do. I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
If they get good care, if you know the caretaker...I would most definitly tip them. Rico goes to a dog sitter and I double paid her the last time. She takes good care of him and know that she is appreciated. Counting on excellent care is important to me an tipping shows that. I would tip them, they don't get paid a whole lot I think. The fee you pay goes to the vet practice right ? Not directly to the caretaker--so tip !!

·
Registered
345 Posts
I'm no help on tipping but wanting to seen well wishes. I'm sure they will be just fine. At least they are staying with people they have met before, I'm sure that will make it easier.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
If they get good care, if you know the caretaker...I would most definitly tip them. Rico goes to a dog sitter and I double paid her the last time. She takes good care of him and know that she is appreciated. Counting on excellent care is important to me an tipping shows that. I would tip them, they don't get paid a whole lot I think. The fee you pay goes to the vet practice right ? Not directly to the caretaker--so tip !!
Well I wish the people who boarded their pets at my vet clinic thought like you! I was never offered a tip or ever even thanked, and I had to put up with some pretty difficult dogs! It was always the vets and the girls at the front desk who received all the thank yous, even though I was the one caring for all of the pets. My hourly pay was pretty low too. I basically just did it because I loved being around animals. It was rewarding, but a ton of work!

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks everyone!! I am not sure if only one person is caring for them but I will find out...

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Exactly my point...the person getting the least pay is doing a very important job....I am a big believer in tipping well to the lowest paid. That is so true about working hard and getting little acknowledgment or compensation $$.
Well I wish the people who boarded their pets at my vet clinic thought like you! I was never offered a tip or ever even thanked, and I had to put up with some pretty difficult dogs! It was always the vets and the girls at the front desk who received all the thank yous, even though I was the one caring for all of the pets. My hourly pay was pretty low too. I basically just did it because I loved being around animals. It was rewarding, but a ton of work!

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well, it sure was quiet last night without the doggies around here :( TOO quiet..... I fly out this morning for Chicago and I am already looking forward to getting home Friday so I can see my doggies... I sure miss them......

·
Registered
248 Posts
Nice to tip the kennel help. But when you are doing a one time thing you should tip ahead of time not after. The word TIPS means "To Insure Proper Service." Tipping after words at places you go often and the help gets to know you will tip well. Hairdresser ect.... and restaurants the people work for tips so they do their best in hopes that you will tip.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts