Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so Miya has been home with us about 24 hours now (not long I know). I've had friends whose Chi is terrified of anyone but that person and has serious separation anxiety. I vowed to do anything I can to have a chi that is people friendly and can be alone. So I've been making it a point to let her cry in the pen for a bit, and also making sure she's spending enough time with her new daddy. So when she wasn't in her pen today, most of the time was spent snuggling with me on the couch watching movies. My husband did play with her after she ate and also cuddled her a little bit too, but it was mostly me. Tonight, he picked her up and sat on the couch and she whined and whined. I sat down and she crawled over to me and wanted me. So I took her, she immediately stopped whining. Husband's feelings were hurt awwww..so I told him he HAD to spend time with her or it was going to be like that. So we started by him holding her but me sitting next to them, not touching her. Then he rubbed her to sleep. Then he laid down with her, she woke up, and then relaxed and is now asleep again, so PHEW! Did I do that right? Anything else I can do to make sure she is ok without me? I am def her person :) but I also want to make sure she can love her daddy too and be just as comfortable with him.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Give it time. Chis do have a tendency to bond with 1 person in particular when they 1st come home. That will soon change as time goes by. As long as your husband keeps giving attention and play time to Miya the bond will be soon to follow.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts