I'm assuming they mean cooked because they mentioned bones "from your own meals". I totally agree. My parents always gave our family dog, Fritz, the t-bone left over from their steak, and they saved Odie one to give her when she was younger. I was really unsure about it, and watched until she got all the meat off, and then took it away. I googled it right after and shared the information with them, and they agree that no one will ever give her another one as long as she lives. I can't believe our family dog had them all the time. We were definitely very lucky that nothing went wrong. One of my mom's coworker's dog got a hold of a cooked chicken bone last year and swallowed it. They did everything they could for him at the vets, but sadly he passed away. They're so dangerous!