Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after reading on this forum about the dangers of rawhide, i confiscated all of her rawhide bones. She's mad. I bought her a couple nylabones, but she's not quite buying it. Oh well, she'll learn to love them, and it'll be better for her in the long run.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what kind of chew things do you give him? i keep finding little bones everywhere that she's hidden...maybe she knew this was coming!

·
Registered
305 Posts
I bought a little kong with lots of minty smelling kong stuffing. My girls could play with that thing for hours! Plus it leaves them with nice fresh doggy breath! Mmmm....mint dog breath!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my understanding is that dogs cannot completely digest rawhide...so it gets caught up in their intestines and can cause intestinal blockages that are very bad and can even be fatal.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for the information! I didn't know that the rawhides could be dangerous, but I did stop giving them to my girls because Misty got sick from one. That put an immediate end to the rawhide goodies. They LOVE carrots and bits of apples, too. I feel like they're getting something healthy and not missing out on getting treats :flower: We all want to stay happy, don't we? :tongue5:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i think she's starting to realize that her rawhides aren't coming back. she just started kinda checking out the nylabones

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
my chis love baby carrots,munchy sticks,apples,and peanut butter inside a kong.i also stopped giving them rawhide,pig ears,and greenie petites.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts