Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Last week Emmie decided she couldn't eat. Since Friday, Bonnie has decided that she shouldn't eat either. (Emmie is fine now) Friday she didn't eat, Saturday night she ate dry kibble (I usually give them beef/chicken broth). Today, Sunday, she again hasn't eaten. I keep checking her gums to make sure that she is not getting dehydrated.

My roommate is now home from the hospital and routines are again the same. Bonnie seems scared to go into her pen??? I found her trembling, sitting at the edge of the pen, panting last night. I held her for awhile, but she doesn't like to be touched---so-----that didn't help much. She goes into her crate and seems OK in there. I guess I'll just wait her out. She's had one BM which was normal since Friday. Does not act sick.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everything is OK with Emmie. Bonnie has still a little bit of a problem going into her pen at night time. Not any time else. I think that probably she choked on some of the night time snacks I give them. I didn't know about it, but she chokes so easily due to her muzzle being so short, and the soft palate is too big. Maybe she got so scared she associated it with the pen and food.? It is getting better day by day. I had to lift her trembling into her pen for 4-5 days, but now with a little urging, she'll fly into her crate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts