Chihuahua People Forum banner

121 - 140 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Some of my favorite books are kids books, sure. But I'm obsessed with TONS of books. I really enjoyed the book Gun Shy, I also, to be honest, hate Twilight. I don't know why, just the idea of sparkling vampires. Jeez, it's just... weird. But if I did read it, from what i've heard, I'd totally be team Jacob. But mom doesn't allow me to read it (I don't wonder why too much) so yeah.

Anyway, anyone ever read Gun Shy?

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I enjoy sci-fi fantasy novels. My favorite authors are Terry Goodkind "The Sword of Truth" series, (excellent books), and Patrick Rothfuss. "The Kingkiller" Chronicles. The kingkiller books aren't all out yet. The last one comes out sometime next year. I recommend them all.

·
Administrator
9,991 Posts
This is one of the best books I have ever read! For one thing it is almost the story of my Huly (he only has 1 eye) and how much I have had to fight for his life and how every day is a miracle that I have him so of course it touched home for me but I think it will do the same for anyone who loves their pet!

Homer's Odyssey by Gwen Cooper

Homer's Odyssey

Homer’s Odyssey is the once-in-a-lifetime story of an extraordinary cat and his human companion. It celebrates the refusal to accept limits—on love, ability, or hope against overwhelming odds. By turns jubilant and moving, it’s a memoir for anybody who’s ever fallen completely and helplessly in love with a pet.

The last thing Gwen Cooper wanted was another cat. She already had two, not to mention a phenomenally underpaying job and a recently broken heart. Then Gwen’s veterinarian called with a story about a three-week-old eyeless kitten who’d been abandoned. It was love at first sight.

Everyone warned that Homer would always be an “underachiever,” never as playful or independent as other cats. But the kitten nobody believed in quickly grew into a three-pound dynamo, a tiny daredevil with a giant heart who eagerly made friends with every human who crossed his path. Homer scaled seven-foot bookcases with ease and leapt five feet into the air to catch flies in mid-buzz. He survived being trapped alone for days after 9/11 in an apartment near the World Trade Center, and even saved Gwen’s life when he chased off an intruder who broke into their home in the middle of the night.

But it was Homer’s unswerving loyalty, his infinite capacity for love, and his joy in the face of all obstacles that inspired Gwen daily and transformed her life. And by the time she met the man she would marry, she realized Homer had taught her the most important lesson of all:

Love isn’t something you see with your eyes.

·
Administrator
9,991 Posts
Has anyone read this series?

Judi McCoy Dog Walker Series

Official Website of Judi McCoy

I just read Fashion Faux Paw and it was a good fun book.

Amazon.com: Fashion Faux Paw: A Dog Walker Mystery (9780451236272): Judi McCoy: Books

Book Description
Publication Date: March 6, 2012 | Series: Dog Walker Mystery (Book 6)
It's Fashion Week in New York and Ellie's in charge of the dogs' modeling outfits that match their mommy-mdoels for a fashion competition. But before the first round closes, one of the designers drops dead of anaphylactic shock, her Epipen useless because someone's emptied it.

The victim's peanut allergy was well-known, so Ellie and her dog Rudy must comb through the brash designer's rivals, colleagues, and many enemies to discover who was so desperate that she committed the ultimate crime of fashion.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I've just started reading 'The Weight of Silence' on my Kindle Touch.
I also am in the middle of 'The Lovely Bones' but fancied something different.
"The Lovely Bones" is an awesome book!
I am currently reading "Inheritance" its the fourth book in the Inheritance cycle. Started with Eragon. I've heard somethings about Eragon, but didn't really care what anyone said cause I thought it was pretty good.

·
Registered
946 Posts
A Dog's Purpose is a great read! The author is Bruce Cameron, and you can find it at Amazon :)
Enjoy fellow dog lovers ( it has something like 900+ 5* reviews!)!

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Finished One Good Dog by Susan Wilson, very good.
The 50 Shades Triology, couldn't put it down when I didn't want to really read it.
I enjoy Nora Roberts, just finished Genuine Lies,
now reading Danielle Steele's .....Legacy.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I've read The First Confessor by Terry Goodkind, and then re read the whole series. The Sword of Truth. Amazing I must say, and now I'm reading the Godsland series by Brian Rathbone. If you own a kindle the first two books are free :).

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
I've read The First Confessor by Terry Goodkind, and then re read the whole series. The Sword of Truth. Amazing I must say, and now I'm reading the Godsland series by Brian Rathbone. If you own a kindle the first two books are free :).
Ohh I need to check that out! I loved the Sword of Truth series but honestly the last couple books he wrote for it felt kind of off. Hopefully I will enjoy this one.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
I have a Nook and when I am ready for a new book I just search for free books and search by best selling. Thousands come up. I just love it.

121 - 140 of 175 Posts