161 - 175 of 175 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
What is it about Krystal?
It's about a British nurse who accidently travels back in time to 18th century Scotland. I don't want to mention more than that in case you decide to read it. :D It's so good! It's definitely a romance, but also historical fiction.

I have been wanting to read those! I have an amazon gift card balance left I think I might grab it tonight.
You should! I found the first book a bit hard to get into but once I did I was hooked. I think it's in my top three favourite series.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
I love the Divergent series, although the third book was a bit disappointing compared to the first two. Four, one off the main characters, is one of my favorite characters of any book I've read.

I also really like the Mortal Instruments series, it's not a dystopian/ future type book, but supernatural demon fighters. Plus a love story with weird twists.

Sent from Petguide.com App

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
I've read them. I loved the first 2, but I really didn't like the last one. :(

Sent from Petguide.com App
Yea I'm getting that feeling I'm close to finishing the third but it seems like I reading a different series :(

I love the Divergent series, although the third book was a bit disappointing compared to the first two. Four, one off the main characters, is one of my favorite characters of any book I've read.

I also really like the Mortal Instruments series, it's not a dystopian/ future type book, but supernatural demon fighters. Plus a love story with weird twists.

Sent from Petguide.com
App
I have read mortal instruments to !! The books are great but the film is so so so so bad lol. Try reading
Anglefall by Susan EE Its such a great book
And
A hidden fire by Elizabeth hunter Although its about a vampire stay with it because it has a history element to it and you will fall in love with the characters. It is my fav books ever :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'v been a member of this site for about a year and never saw this thread, lol. I love reading but lately have been slowing down from 2 or 3 books a week to 1 or 2 books a month :( . My favorite books are The Circle Series by Ted Dekker and the Bourne series by Robert Ludlum. I just finished up The Ambler Alert by Robert Ludlum for the second time and am starting The Tristan Betrayal which was written by a ghost writer in Ludlums name. Last month I read Hood by Stephen R. Lawhead and am looking forward to the next book in that series.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I read the first of the Divergent series and it took me forever to get through.. I was not interested in it at all as when I saw the commercials for the movie it seemed to be a knock off of Hunger Games... and I LOVE The Hunger Games read all of them.. As well as all Twilight and currently reading the If I stay series.. it is 2 books I have read the first. it is alright... Fault in our stars was awesome although I cried through the last probably 3 chapters and I already knew what was going to happen!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Oh! My favourite topic!
Im part of a book club, and also I work for WHSmith in the Books department (get to know which books are coming out before they actually come out!)
One good book I've read is Before I Go To Sleep... if you've seen the movie then don't bother reading it!
An amazing book I've read is The Help - fantastically written to create a memory of when Black people were Helpers and the whole uproar of equal rights back then.
Another book is The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time - now a theatrical master piece! Based in Swindon where I live :) but it just opens your eyes on Autism and Asperger Syndrome.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Create one. Or ask at your local library if they have one?
Easy to create a book club. Either you can read your own books and discuss, or go to an independent book shop and say that you're starting a book club and would like 5 copies of a book at discount so people can read and discuss on next meet, also 20% off books for your members. Therefore it increases footfall for their shop and you guys get to read more!

161 - 175 of 175 Posts