Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody!

I love to read books - so I want to know if there are any "bookworms" in this forum?

Which books do you read?
Why do you like them?
What do you read at the moment?
Favorite author? Favorite book?,... everything about books!

So, here are my favorites:

I read a lot of fantasy, science fiction, and horror books - most of them in english.
My favorit author is Terry Pratchett - his books are wonderful - I love his humor - I have nerarly all of his books!
At the moment I read "Aliens - Book3, The Female War" by Steve Perry, Douglas Adams "The Ultimate Hitchhikers Guide", and one of the "Spellsinger" books of Alan Dean Foster (in german)

I hope you like this new thread an maybe this is a way to discover new interesting authors and books!

Love, Willow

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kat & Jinxy said:
I have Douglas Adams "The Ultimate Hitchhikers Guide", but never actually read it. Is it any good?
Hi Kat! :study:

If you like that kind of humor you will love it!
It's such a weird story - funny charakters - hints about many different topics - a new universe,... :D Give it a try and start reading! (Don't give up after a few pages - it's a complex story!)

:thumbup:

·
Registered
493 Posts
I read a lot! Mostly Sci-Fi/Fantasy but I'll read pretty much anything. My favorite authors are JRR Tolkien, Tad Williams, Lynn Flewelling, Melanie Rawn, Anne Rice, and the list goes on and on and on.

Right now I'm reading:
- Rules of Ascension by David B. Coe
- Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser

I just got done reading:
- Life Expectancy by Dean Koontz
- Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs by Chuck Klosterman
- In the Heart of the Sea, the Tragedy of Whaleship Essex by Nathaniel Philbrick

·
Registered
83 Posts
I read the first Hitchhiker's Guide and I loved it! For those not accustomed to British humor, it will take awhile to settle in and really appreciate the dry jokes and outlandishness of the plot but it's so worth it! :D

My favorite book of all time is British as well:

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley

It's certainly no beach read and the themes can be quite complex at times, but every time I read it I find something new to ponder. This book should be on everyone's Must Read Before I Die list. :p

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I'm not just a book worm, I'm a book python... lol. I will read anything and everything I can get my hands on (up to and including a romance novel once because there was nothing else handy... lol)

Which books do you read?
Right now I'm on a big sci-fi/Fantasy Kick. but I'll read just about anything else. With the exception of non-fiction books. I tend to read to escape reality.
Why do you like them?
I mostly read to relax and wind down. Fantasy is my favorite because It's not close to reality (if that makes any sense... lol)
What do you read at the moment?
I'm on a big Terry Pratchett Kick right now. I have read as many of his books as I can get my hands on. I'm actually starting to have hard times finding ones that I haven't read... lol
Favorite author? Favorite book?,... everything about books!
Right now it's Terry Pratchett. I love the way he writes. I don't really have a favorite book right now.

I've been playing with the idea of trying to write a book to see how I'd do :)

·
Registered
687 Posts
I love books where animals have human characteristics :) Like Watership Down (my BIBLE xD), Duncton Wood, House of Tribes etc :)

Another of my favourites is 'Phantom' by Susan Kay - it's the most wonderfully written book.

I like odd little stories like 'The curious incident of the dog in the night time' and 'love in the present tense' - sweet little stories about life journeys and discovery :)

I'm also a fan of chick books - especially Jill Mansell books. Nice and easy to read, no real thinking required.

And of course, HARRY POTTER :DD *squeals in wait for tonights release*

·
Registered
615 Posts
Me too i LOOOVVEE Harry Potter i have attacked the postman every morning this week in case by mistake they sent it early!!! :D

Im also really into Jeffery Deaver books at the moment the Lincoln Rhyme series. They made the film 'The Bone Collector' based on one from this series. I just love playing detective.....he is such a clever writer. If you love twists you'll love these.

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
I love to read! I'm not reading anything right now because I just finished up 2 books lol. I'll read pretty much anything as long as there is some kind of interesting story line to it. But I find myself drawn to the teen section of Barnes&Nobel rather than anywhere else (other than the kids section because Gaige is a reader too lol). My favorite author would have to be Sarah Dessen. I love how all her books have something to do with each other but they introduce you to a different main character every time. My favorite book by her is probably This Lullaby but I also enjoy DreamLand too. They are both VERY good books. They just suck you right in!

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
At times I reas one book after another and then I might go 6 months and not read anything. I can't wait until Tess Garritsen's newest, The Bone Garden, is released September 18th. She is by far my fave of any author I have ever read. She draws you into her stories within the first few pages. It's incredible. She's a crime writer with a little romance thrown in.

I detest Harlequin type books. LOL

·
Registered
734 Posts
I work in a library so i get my hands on a book every chance i can get ! I rencently read the Quickie by James Patterson that was very good ! now i have to find something else to read ! I love to read at night , just a couple of chapters at night , ! at maybe more depends how good it is ! the jodi picodut book my sisters keeper is what i am finishing up now !

·
Registered
615 Posts
Mines 608 pages - got adult version writing must be smaller :)

Hope so don't want to have missed anything juicy.

*Actually just checked and both versions adult and child front covers are 608 pages in the UK. Strange. Also looked on Amazon.com and all the US front covers are totally different from ours - really weird looking :)*

1 - 20 of 24 Posts