Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I woke up 5 days ago and my right shoulder was really hurting. After lots of uncomfortable nights i eventually got an appointment with the doc. I have a frozen shoulder, so i am on lots of pain killers and have to do stretches.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Ouch! That sounds painful! Glad you're on some pain meds and hopefully the stretches aren't too painful! Get well soon :D Did they say how it happened?

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Hate to hear that! I hope the meds and stretches will take of things and get that shoulder back to normal soon :)

·
Registered
266 Posts
If it's a muscle related ailment such as a cramp, I've heard that magnesium supplements help.

·
Banned
420 Posts
I had a right frozen shoulder in 2005/6 and left frozen shoulder last year. The first time I had a manipulation under anaesthetic and loads of physio. The second time I did my own physio/stretches - as the physio I was referred to wouldn't touch it. All I can say is that it is the worst pain but it does - I promise you - get better in the end - whether or not you have treatment! I found Voltarol cream was good (I can't take strong pain-killers). When it was at its worst I had diazepam so I could sleep. Acupuncture is great too but it costs such a lot and I needed lots of sessions so I didn't do that the second time. Do pm me if I can help or you would like some moral support. Jane

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had a right frozen shoulder in 2005/6 and left frozen shoulder last year. The first time I had a manipulation under anaesthetic and loads of physio. The second time I did my own physio/stretches - as the physio I was referred to wouldn't touch it. All I can say is that it is the worst pain but it does - I promise you - get better in the end - whether or not you have treatment! I found Voltarol cream was good (I can't take strong pain-killers). When it was at its worst I had diazepam so I could sleep. Acupuncture is great too but it costs such a lot and I needed lots of sessions so I didn't do that the second time. Do pm me if I can help or you would like some moral support. Jane
Thankyou had a bad day yesterday but the pain killers seem to have kicked in today, still stretching a little, i will have to see what it's like when i go onto the less strong pain killers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts