Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow Romi & I have an appointment with the vet for his first set of injections since I got him.
We went to the vets to get microchipped when he first came to me but have not been since, so I'm hoping he doesn't just remember that he got a big needle stuck in him! :shaking:
What do I need to keep an eye out for after the booster? :confused:
Thanks
Sarah xxx

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
He'll be a bit sore and sorry for himself look out for sickness and the squire lethargy etc

I only plan on vaccinating at 1 year then doing titre tests for the other times as research shows they stay immune way longer than a year and I don't like the thought of all those bugs in my babies when they don't need them :)

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
He'll be a bit sore and sorry for himself look out for sickness and the squire lethargy etc

I only plan on vaccinating at 1 year then doing titre tests for the other times as research shows they stay immune way longer than a year and I don't like the thought of all those bugs in my babies when they don't need them :)
If you dont vaccinate when they are pups, then how can you socialize? we dont have rabies here but we have pavo, I would be frightened that if my pup wasnt vaccinated then she would get a disease when I took her to the park or beach ETC

·
Registered
204 Posts

Sorry to bug in. I heard about this from others too and I also don't like the thought of those bugs in mine when they don't need them, but if we delay the booster, vets usually ask us to restart the whole thing again. I think my vet told me they usually give about 18 months maximum between the jab, I am the one who don't plan or organize everything months ago, so I tend to have everything done late. My vet is good to me as I only just took my dogs for the booster and they were overdue longer than 18 months. So how can you convince a vet to give such a long gap in between the jab?

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Signs of adverse reactions are sleepiness, lethargy (no energy), sometimes swelling, sometimes facial swelling, sometimes fever, not eating, not drinking, diarrhea, sometimes depending on what is in the vaccines they can show signs of the disease (coughing, diarrhea etc).

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
If you dont vaccinate when they are pups, then how can you socialize? we dont have rabies here but we have pavo, I would be frightened that if my pup wasnt vaccinated then she would get a disease when I took her to the park or beach ETC
That's not what i said :) puppies are vaccinated here by 12 weeks then I only do a one year booster then nothing unless the test shows it

Sarah - hahaha it meant lethargy I postfrom my iPhone you will learn to understand my special language :) it's quite funny at times

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
So, Hope has had 2 puppy shots and will receive her 3rd in a few days at 15.5-16 weeks. Her vet will do rabies shot in a couple of months. Is that all she needs? Have I done enough?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts