Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tiki and I went away on a trip for eight days. We had a blast and she was a perfect dog! First, we went to Southern Maine to visit my father-in-law. A lot of you saw the pictures of Tiki and the goat.

They had a blast playing there for a few days. Tiki also got to play with my husbands little sister. They became best friends :)

But of all people she charmed was my father-in-law. Who said that chihuahuas are not manly.

Lol... He loves her so much now. :)

Then we headed to Boston. It was a long drive but she was so good. You would never know there was a dog in the car. We spent some time in China town and she didn't even budge when these dragons came out dancing and loud music and banging cymbals! She just watched them quietly.

We went to the aquarium and quincy market. She was a perfect angel in her bag. Most of the time we stayed in her bag because there were so many people!

At one pint I took her out and set in my lap but she crawled right back not her bag. She loved every minute of our trip. She has so much more confidence and she isn't snapping as much. I really am so happy I de died to take her on the trip!

Quincy market was a lot of fun. We watched the light show. Here is a picture of tiki watching. It was loud but she was good just a Little nervous.

But goodness when he saw the horse drawn carriage she went crazy! Barking hysterically. Every time we saw them she would be beside herself.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
During the shopping part of the trip i Found these! Which I looooooove!!! :)

I also found a pair of chihuahua socks that I love!!

We also went to a play. Which because the guys games got changed to later Tiki had to be snuck in. But she was again wonderful and slept most of the time except for when someone in the play rang a bell and she barked! Lol!! No one really heard her except the people directly in front of us.

She was great even on the subway and commuter rail. She slept through most of it. So many new things to see and deal with that she of pretty tuckered out....

I am so thankful or all the suggestions of fun things to do! Tiki ad. Had a blast and so did my parents. The patriots game was good, even though they were freezing. And the China town suggestion made me the happiest woman ever, since I used to live in China for three years and I got to have some of my favorite authentic Chinese meals. I was in heaven, really! Such yummy foods.

Here are a couple random pictures of Tiki taken on the trip.

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Wow Jess, those are GREAT pictures! Looks like so much fun. :)
I especially love the shots of your father in law with cutie Tiki, sooo sweet.

Thanks so much for sharing. I'm glad you had a nice time.

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
What great pictures ! Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Your father in law looks like he wants to be tuff, but you can see through him , his heart was melting with Tiki.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm glad you had an awesome trip!! Sounds like Tiki was great! I giggled about you sneaking her into the play. :)
Haha! It was awful! I felt like such a criminal... But I couldn't leave her at the hotel alone and the car was too cold, even if I had it because the guys took it with them. I had originally planned for my brother and father to care for her while we were gone.

What great pictures ! Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Your father in law looks like he wants to be tuff, but you can see through him , his heart was melting with Tiki.
Lol! That is exactly true. At first he didn't want anything to do with her but he climbed up into his lap and started licking his face. He totally melted from the moment on. :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
I had to travel from Seattle to Montana, it was Winnie's first trip (6 months old)
There was so much snow and freezing temps that I took her with me into the restroom and put a wee wee pad on the floor since the snow was 100+inches in spots. Such a great tip, made our trip of 600miles so easy, I love all these great tips

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
382 Posts
Thanks! I love the pictures with my father-in-law. It amuses me how my father, father-in-law and husband love Tiki so much! They gush over her, pet her and are extra protective of her and give her treats. It is so funny to see these macho men interact with this little girly prissy puppy! Lol

Plenty of us macho guys love our little dogs, and we are not afraid to show our affection, talk in squeaky voices, and refer to ourselves as "Daddy." I do reserve the right to not gush over cute clothing (that's for the female gender). Simcha looked absolutely hilarious in his yellow rain slicker earlier today, and I will admit that I laughed at his appearance. At least the rain slicker is appropriate attire today.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts