Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Carmella has bow legs. Has anybody seen this before? She gets along just fine, I hardly even think about it until somebody says something!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When she first came home at 9 weeks she seemed like she was having trouble walking and then later on after about 2 months we noticed her legs but she was walking perfectly normal.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, she has been to the vet so many times because she was so sick when we got her and a few times after that she had gotten very sick plus vaccines but like I said, I never thought anything bad about it because I figured she was just bow legged the same as sometimes people are so I never brought it up to the vet but they checked her over so many times and never said anything about it. She runs and plays just like normal, no pain or no slowing her down. She can actually run really fast!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
My Carmella has bow legs. Has anybody seen this before? She gets along just fine, I hardly even think about it until somebody says something!
That is NOT normal. That is actually one of the worst I've seen. That is either a hip problem (legg perthes disease) or LP (luxating patella). I would get into see your vet right away and then get a referral to an orthopedist. That is SEVERE.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.