Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I know that this is kinda yuck and all, but I was wondering if any of your chis have had problems with diarrhea? If so, what did you do to help it? Milo just turned 9 months old and he has had diarrhea off and on over the last couple of days. He is eating, sleeping and playing as he usually does. I have noticed no difference in his behavior. Just wanted to ask as I am a little concerned. Hate it when things like this happen on the weekend! I plan on calling the vet Monday morning if this continues. I would greatly appreciate any advice anyone can give!

Nine - Mommy to Milo

·
Registered
587 Posts
my vet gave me some medicine for them. It must have tasted so bad because they would throw up a little when i gave it to them, poor babies. I think you can feed a bland diet like boiled chicken and rice and that may help... lots of people will be able to help u more on this topic. hope ur baby gets better!!!

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
My Jazzy just had this problem a couple of weeks ago - hers lasted for several days. I fed her a bland diet - boiled chicken mostly, and was going to take her into the vet the following Monday, but she was better so I decided to wait. And of course it was over a week-end....naturally.

She also had a little diarrhea this past week, and my grand-daughter brought over a couple of cans of Hill's prescription R/D dog food she got at our vets. It's vet recommended for dogs with diarrhea. I don't know if the food did the trick, or she just got better on her own, but the diarrhea was gone the next day.

I would watch her carefully to be sure she is eating and drinking enough, and if it lasts more than a day or so, I would call the vet's office.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts