Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's prob normal but as I've never had a boy dog just wanted to check, wee Boo is 11 weeks old and just loves humping the girls, Sugar in particular.
I don't remember either of the girls humping so young, is it just boys ye?? It just seems mad as he's just a baby!

·
Registered
369 Posts
I think it's pretty normal for boys. B is always trying to make babies with his stuffed toys and he us 3 months. I think of it like teenage human boys and girls. Boys are always more obvious with their changing hormonesthanks to anatomy.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At that age, it is often not a sexual thing. It is a dominance issue: he is trying to show his sisters who is in charge.

Sent from my iPhone using PetGuide
Ahhh ok, cos I didn't think they could be sexual so young do that would maybe sense, it's odd tho as Sugar doesn't seem to mind him doing it and usually she wouldn't be happy with being bothered!

·
Registered
395 Posts
She might just be a submissive girl. I would correct this before it gets to bad and teach him to respect them. I used this guide to raise my girl and she is the best. People always comment on how good she is for Chihuahua. It may be a different breed but good guidelines.

Raising a Puppy - A day and a life with Spencer the Pit Bull
This explains on how she corrected him. She trained her puppy the leave it command.
Raising a Puppy - the thirty fifth week in his new home - Spencer the Blue Nose Brindle Pit Bull.

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
It's normal for both females and males. Since Boo is new, they have to sort out the whole pack hierarchy all over again. As long as it doesn't become obsessive, I wouldn't worry about it. Odie did this with our cats, and will rarely do it now. Our two boy rats did it as well, and once everything was sorted out they stopped.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts