Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I;m sorry to be rude again. I always seem to be the one to start these posts but here goes anyway.. Close your eyes if you must

Zola got sooper excited again. He wasnt even humping anything, it just came on real quick and it wouldnt go away. I gave him some food to distract him and that seemed to work... well not all the way. Now he has a semi.. Its just slightly out and it will not go back in. Its been like that for a good 5 mins now. I asked my breeder about it who said its just normal. But for this long?? Can anyone advice me or let me know how you try and distract your chi's? He's walking kinda funny to. Maybe Im just overreacting

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Vicky , how old is he now ? ( try not to look at him or take notice of him and maybe it'll go back in ? ) Maybe ask your vet ? I know boys can get there personal bits stuck out !! but i'm sure thats quite rare ......

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey girls

Thanks for the advice. I ended up getting my neighbour in she said she had to get the rubber gloves out for another dog she knew in the past. When I spoke to my breeder she said so long as it goes back in he will be fine. If it stays out and wont go in it could led to infection. The breeder also said sometimes the foreskin has kinda overlap so you have to pull it back. Yeah so you can just imagine about the rest. I didnt wanna do it so I talked my boyfriend into it. He wet his hands with cold water and tried. Now I bet your really laughing. I was wetting myself :oops: Anyway that didnt work so my neighbour came in with her rubber glove. She said lets just wait 5-10 mins then see. So we waited and waited and FINALLY it disappeared. Thanks god!!!! Seriously, I didnt wanna be stuck with that thing. SO he's fine now, thank you all for your speedy replies.

My neighbour was then saying I should get him nuetered as he is really frustrated and it might get him angry and snapping but it is definatley not what I want to do. My breeder said definatley not to. She's had chi's all her lift and said it is not worth the risk. She has lost to many chi's while under anistetic

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
cold shower? think about a cat naked?

just kidding!

They can usually stay *ahem* erect for quite some time, from stimulation or from sheer excitement. He walks funny because he's arching his back in preparation for penetration. It is very rare to have prolapse, in the event that it does (more than 30 minutes) apply water based lubrication like KY Jelly, and contact your vet. Distracting them with something equally exciting may infact, prolong the problem. If it is too much to handle, then solitary confinement (crate in a closed room) for a few minutes should do the trick. I find that my dogs usually are the most *excited* late at night, it must be the moon.

Regarding neutering, please, a breeder that has lost too many dogs under anesthesia is either using a terrible vet, or breeding dogs with congenital heart and liver defects. I have induced hundreds of dogs myself for routine procedures with not 1 unexpected incident. A good vet will not only tailor the anesthesia to the type and health of the dog, but will also take the necessary precautions to make sure nothing goes wrong, and if it does, they are ready to save a life.

If you have any questions regarding neutering, please PM me, I can walk you through the entire procedure, it takes about 15 minutes, and they go home the same day. Don't let a breeder rumor talk you out of it.

-Nate

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
I think he should be neutered for sure! I think this would cut down on that type of 'problem' alot.

I don't think 5 months is too early for humping. When Mr. Peepers was a baby he would try and hump my sister in law! :lol: Very funny, because he was so little! :lol:

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
a male dog can be sexually mature as young as 4 months old so no hes definatly not to young for humping...as for the 'problem' as much as you might find it discusting or funny looking its very natural and will happen more often as he gets older especially if your not breeding him (dogs suffer just the same as guys with no release)

please DO NOT let a breeder rumor put you off neutering him, if you dont plan on showing him then PLEASE neuter as soon as your vet is comfortable (usually 6months for chis) otherwise your going to be seeing this more and more often.

i agree, if the breeder lost that many dogs under anesthetic they were neutering too young or the vet was bad or something.
talk to your vet about neutering him, nowerdays its amazingly safe. and will save lots of toruble later in life in reguards to behavioural problmes from 'frustration' and dominance issues, along with humping EVERYTHING theres also a high risk of testicular cancer...
intact males who are not used in breeding programs have a high risk of testicular cancer which will result in neutering sooner or later...so best do it now while hes young and healthy.

a good vet wil use minimal amount of anesthetic possible for the shortes amount of time, and will have experienced staff at hand.
and youll usually be able to bring them home that night.

a few hours of worry is much better than a lifetime of problems...

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Y'all have perverts for dogs! LOL

I read that a mixture of 50/50 sugar and water will make the ... ummm... sword go back in it's sheath.

Also, stop letting him watch Cinemax after 10pm. That might help. :shock:

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Cooper said:

I read that a mixture of 50/50 sugar and water will make the ... ummm... sword go back in it's sheath.

Don't apply anything with sugar to the *sword* because it will make it a feeding frenzy ground for bacteria, especially when it finally retracts. You'll have a raging infection on your hands! Physiologically, sugar water will have no effect on blood flow or testosterone which are both the causes for red rocket.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
ilovesadie said:
Cooper said:

Don't apply anything with sugar to the *sword* because it will make it a feeding frenzy ground for bacteria, especially when it finally retracts. You'll have a raging infection on your hands! Physiologically, sugar water will have no effect on blood flow or testosterone which are both the causes for red rocket.
I found the sugar solution on a vet website - the sugar works as K-Y would, according to the vet. They did say not to put it on the thingy by itself though but that mixed with water, it would become a good lubricant. That being said, my dog's not a perv so I've never had to use that solution. I can't speak for it's usefullness or validity. :D

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
paint my world said:
Oh and Fizzy's mum I meant to say.. He's 5 months now. Far to young for all this humping business. I mean even humping mid air... jeez
LOL moka dose that i love when he does that i never can stop laugh'n when he does that . some times he will come up to me and look at me and just start humping .then i start laugh'n and it's like he knows i'm laugh'n at him b/c he will stop and go in the other and room and do it !

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Deano's is out often, especially when he see's my dads friend mark, jesus, full wack its out, massive n thick. lol sorry for the detail. lol. He usually has it in 5-10mins mark.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts