Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
so heres the deal ive had my harvey for a week now i have took him over as a friend is moving away for good and cant take him....he is beautiful hes a long haired chi and full of life

the problem.......the boyfriend is unhappy i have a new "friend" he is quite jelouse of everything like if i take him in the car or out for a walk or cuddle him he proper kicks off......he even text me saying i love the dog more than him and hes sick of it!

is this for real? has anyone else had this??? i dunno what to do i have another dog and act the same with her he jus dosent like the chi hes always calling him a rat and pickin on him and its really getting to me now, how can he like my springer and hate my chi? there both daft as rags and loveable as hell i dont get it!

any advice appriciated

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Because some men have a 'little' dog complex. I married a man who hates big dogs....and loves little dogs. He says they are less maintenance. He loves Zoey, and Georgie, but can barely stand my golden retriever, Shellie. I would express your feelings to your boyfriend and let him know you aren't happy with his comments and the way he's treating your dog. He could just be trying to get a 'rise/reaction' out of you.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Oh good grief. Sounds like he's got a bit of an insecurity going on. Maybe he needs to get a Chi for himself? LOL I think my hubby was a wee bit jealous of Matilda when I first brought her home because she followed me & had to be on me all the time. If he tried to hold her, she'd beat feet back to me. :D BUT...after a few weeks & time spent with her while I napped before work (I work graveyard shift) they formed a bond & he has been head over heals for her since. Even now...if he's home she prefers him. But that is ok...because I have the rest! hehehe

I would suggest he spend some time with her maybe...and also don't forget about spending some time with HIM alone. As silly as that sounds - put yourself in his position & see how you would feel if the rolls were reversed. I only say that because sometimes I get irked with my hubby for showing more love to Matilda than to me. hehe But I tease him about it more than I let it bother me. ;)

·
Registered
602 Posts
When I first got my Chi baby my guy was fine with it, but then after about 2 weeks her was always saying things like 'did you think about US when you got her or just YOU?"

this is because we go out clubbing less now, cause i want to stay home with Fiddle.

But he has adapted now. and loves her! Just always reminds me that when we get our own place we are getting a rottie. haha

i told him when we get our own place i want a small pack of chi's! haha

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Seriously, he is acting very immature. Personally, that would be a huge turnoff to me. And I would tell him that.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Seriously, he is acting very immature. Personally, that would be a huge turnoff to me. And I would tell him that.
Agree 100%!

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
That should send up red flags! I mean being jealous over a dog is just silly and it sounds like he is jealous and quite insecure. Maybe he will get over it, but when is enough going to be enough? If your relationship progresses will it be your children that he becomes jealous of? Friends? Family members? Co-workers?
There is no room in a relationship for jealousy. More often than not it just gets worse. Put a stop to it now or kick him to the curb!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
if you have to choose between boyfriend or furbaby...easy peasy..definitely the furbaby...find a boyfriend that not only loves you but loves the furbaby!!!!!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
if you have to choose between boyfriend or furbaby...easy peasy..definitely the furbaby...find a boyfriend that not only loves you but loves the furbaby!!!!!
Agreed! I quit dating guys who weren't goo goo ga ga over my babies, or didn't like them as my animals are as important to me as the oxygen/air I breathe so my spouse definitely had to be one who loved my critters, and he definitely does. He spoils them just as bad as I do. Also it is vice versa, if my critters didn't like them there was often times a reason :)

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I got lucky. Eleanor attached to my bf immediately.. soo.. yeah. He can't make fun of me because his dog is identical; ha!

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
My daughters sperm donor (read psycho ex nearly hubby) was extremely jealous and possesive to the point we were shopping in marks and Spencer and this little geeky guy yelled next I went trotting over with the tosspot in tow and tosser kicked off apparently he was looking at me wrong that obv meant I was gonna sleep with him :roll: anyway he got thrown out the store

I dunno how old you and this bf are but I will assume you're late teens early 20s and say bfs come in and out your life our dogs don't the dogs won't be pissed with you for asking to do the dishes men will!!

Honestly I'd be telling your bf to shape up or get lost if he's concerned about a dog then frankly the dudes a total knob, find someone who accepts you for you and what you bring :)

I'm 28, single mum with 2 chis I'm single but that's because I've not found mr right I've gotta lot of baggage and if a man won't accept my child and my dogs then he doesn't deserve to be part of our life!!! My babies (all 3) mean more to me than a bf who just wants his leg over and frankly I'm too old for those cameos

Just my 2 pennies worth it's too early for me to be all philosophical

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
if your jealous over a pet....somethings just not right in the head really...wow. i would dump him in a flash. i dont care who came first, jealousy issues starting from something small will only escalate to bigger things which will leave u hairless at the end. he sounds like hes 14 or so

1 - 20 of 54 Posts