Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! Guess what! You can stop hearing me moan and groan about my worries about the arrival of my lone puppy. SHE (Yes a GIRL!) has FINALLY arrived!

My boyfriend came home from work and saw Chels in her whelping box but did not think anything of it. All of the sudden, he hears a odd noise coming from her. "That's a new noise.." he thought when he peered down and hiding near Chelsea was this dark tan & black little girl! She blended right in with the blanket!

ITS A GIRL!!

Chelsea managed to deliver by herself without ANY warning of being in labor (or we would have stayed home from work!) She did SUCH a fantastic job that the ONLY sign of birth (other than the baby of course) is a few drops of blood on her toy. THATS IT! Everything else is spotless and cleaned up. The baby was cleaned up VERY well.

We took Chelsea & baby into the vet today to double check their health. While we were in, there was another woman there whose chihuahua gave birth to 3 babies the night before. (Small world!)

Anyway - we've decided to keep her (how could we not?!) Her name is Phoebe! Chelsea is being a FANTASTIC Mom and attending to Phoebe's every cry and need. Anytime anyone other than Forrest or I go near her, she growls at them. (She's protecting her little one!)

Here are Phoebe's first pictures of her first day on earth!

Momma is happy.. but very tired!

It's been a LONG day!

Does anyone have any guesses as to what she's going to look like when she is older? (Maybe someone can find a picture??)

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some more:

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She looks like a little monkey, lol.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh and she was 3.8oz :)

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
i was gonna say, thats a good size pup! shes very cute, she looks alot like rosies colouring when she was born, id expect a red base with black sabling and a black mask from her as she gets bigger :)

Congrats, im glad everyones doing well...
now you can at least get some sleep!

·
Registered
804 Posts
Beautiful baby! What kind of camera are you using? Those are great shots. I'm having difficulty with my macro function on my camera... would love for my fotos to turn out that good!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Congrats :foxes_207:

I'm so happy for you all - Rachel said the same think i was thinking I've become obsessed with Chelsea's baby.

Atleast my boyf (Adam) will get some peace - that's what he thinks I'm Chi broody again :lol: :lol: :lol:

Enjoy and keep the pics coming xxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
foxywench said:
i was gonna say, thats a good size pup! shes very cute, she looks alot like rosies colouring when she was born, id expect a red base with black sabling and a black mask from her as she gets bigger :)

Congrats, im glad everyones doing well...
now you can at least get some sleep!
Get some sleep?! LOL We got NONE of that last night since the whelping box is in our room. For the most part she did pretty well and it was quiet the majority of the night until about 2am and the baby starting whining and Chelsea started whining and pacing because (we guess) she didn't understand what the baby wanted. She was like "I fed you! WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME??!" lol. Turns out.. the baby was just cold. So we put the heating pad on half of the whelping box and it was better. We also put some blankets around the crate (that holds the whelping box) to protect from drafts.

Then any noise she heard, she would bark and whine because she was trying to protect her baby.

NOW, I am in the family room and she HAS to be with me.. so she's with me, whining because she wants to protect her baby but HER mommy (me) is in the family room. (So she's torn).

Is her CONSTANT whining (Chelsea) normal?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mexibeach said:
Beautiful baby! What kind of camera are you using? Those are great shots. I'm having difficulty with my macro function on my camera... would love for my fotos to turn out that good!

Believe it or not, it's my camera phone. I have the Verizon EnV. It's only a 2 megapixel but it does okay. :) I have a better camera, a 10megapixel Canon Rebel XTi but the battery is dead and I lost the charger so I have to get a new one!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the pink fairy said:
Congrats :foxes_207:

I'm so happy for you all - Rachel said the same think i was thinking I've become obsessed with Chelsea's baby.

Atleast my boyf (Adam) will get some peace - that's what he thinks I'm Chi broody again :lol: :lol: :lol:

Enjoy and keep the pics coming xxxxxxxxx
Awee! Well you can still obsess over her. ;) You can now obsess over her growing and progressing into a rambunctious (sp?) chihuahua! :)

1 - 20 of 58 Posts