Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all of you Chi owners. I have had a toy poodle for the last 5 years and decided that he needed a friend. We got our new little guy, Dale (nearly 5 months old), 5 days ago and are busy teaching him the ropes. Any advice for a new Chi owner would be greatly appreciated. I got a little worried when I heard that Chihuahuas were very difficult to potty train. We are doing the crate thing and it seems to be going ok but it takes lots of vigilance. I am very happy to have found this wonderful forum! :hello1:

http://i923.photobucket.com/albums/ad79/1stringbeanie/Dale at 5 months/P1000061.jpg

http://i923.photobucket.com/albums/ad79/1stringbeanie/Dale at 5 months/P1000060.jpg

·
Registered
497 Posts
Hes a cutie. CHis are infamous for being picky eaters and having potty training difficulties but some people never have issues with them. Crate training does make the process go alot smoother so you're off to a great start. :thumbsup:

I dont really have any advice for adding a second pup but i'm sure some one here does as many of the members here have multiple pet households.

Welcome to chi people!

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Welcome. Looks like you have the crate thing going on there, is that a tarp under neath ? That is very cool. He looks like a cutie boy. I didn't crate train, mine is all about thepiddle pad--obsessively so. The crate training seems to work, and very quickly. What was he doing before you got him ??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for the wonderful comments and advice. Chip and Dale are becoming friends and Chip seems to be helping a bit with the potty training. My husband put him in a larger area (with the tarp) while I was away today and he had a little wee wee accident but aside from that, it has been smooth. My 14 year old daughter fell in love with him in the pet store. Yeah, I know it is a TERRIBLE and politically incorrect way to buy a puppy but we were not even in the market to get a new puppy. He was getting "older" so they dropped the price and had him in the front window where he would get notice.....it worked.
Thanks again everyone.... I am so glad I found you all on this wonderful forum!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts