Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its waaaaaay to early for any pup to start eating food but my pup Bree has a cleft palate and was being tube fed. She was licking up crumbs after her mother ate so her breeder decided to give her a little. It was amazing at just how eager she was to eat real food.

Its also important that she learns to eat food before her teeth come in so she can learn to mouth and swallow the food instead of chewing the food (because that would create small enough particles to enter her nasal cavity through the cleft).

Just thought Id share these pictures because they are just TOOO CUTE. she really looks like a piglet in some of them! They brought a huge smile to my face I hope they bring a smile to yours too!

View attachment 5491

View attachment 5492

View attachment 5493

View attachment 5494

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
thought i should add, her breeder sent me these pics. she thought it was too funny and too bizzare. Bree wouldnt stop eating!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i agree. I havent a clue. I personally feed grain free organic... but i feel awkward telling the breeder what to feed her (she's a family friend)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
What is she feeding the wee dear? That is a lot of "colors" for a dog food!
My thoughts too.

She is very adorable but these guys have brainwashed me for kibble for the rest of my days! Can't.....do....foodcoloring.....ahhh!

So good of you to take on this precious baby, she really is adorable.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Is she going to have surgery for her cleft palate?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts