·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Surgery may be necessary if the cleft grows with her but the vet said that it could stay the itty bitty size it is now or she may just adjust and do fine with hard food and plain water. I read a few stories about the sutures not taking so I am hoping she won't need surgery but of course of she does she will absolutely get everything she needs. We wont know until she's bigger. She's gaining weight which is good. If oral surgery isn't an option I have read they can put gi tubes in pups. So that is always an option as well. Hopefully she wot need any painful surgery. She's being tube fed as a precaution. And is on antibodic just to prevent any phunemonia.

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Sending up healing prayers for little Bree, and I am so thankful to know she is with a breeder who cares and will be going to a family who cares when she is older.

Unfortunately, there are really people out there who do not have the "heart"~~ and are not willing to devote the time and costs to provide these little angels with that bit of "extra" that will allow them to have a wonderful life. As the mom of a "special needs" chi boy, I can speak from the heart when I say, the rewards are amazing. Bandy was only 8 ounces when we brought him home, was walking on his knees, and had to be hand fed.. Today, at 4 years old, he is a 5.5 pound little spitfire who can hold his own with any and all takers..lol He has no idea that he is handicapped, hey..what's wrong with a crooked mouth and a limp??:p

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you so much for sharing that story about your lil guy. It really is inspiring. Bree's breeder is amazing and very devoted to all her pups.

I am 100% for giving a puppy a chance. Why should we give up, if she hasnt?

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
She is precious. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts