Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Born at 4 ounces Bree dropped down to 2.5 ounces in one day. She was the runt of her 7 pup litter. With a cleft lip and cleft palate. After 3 weeks of tube feeding Bree has finally pulled through. Now that she has been eating food on her own for a week she is one of the largest in her little and....

****Pure miracle*****
her palate completely fused together so she no longer has a cleft palate. She still has a cleft lip which is just a "cosmetic issue" now that she eats on her own.

Just thought I would share her story incase anyone out there with a cleft palate pup or hears of one and thinks that euthanasia is the only option for puppies like Bree.
THESE GUYS CAN BE SAVED AND ARE TOTALLY WORTH SAVING!:love5:

This is Bree tiny and frail at 1 week 2 days old (5 ounces which is 1.5 ounces under weight)
View attachment 5516

This is Bree yesterday 4.5 weeks old (14 ounces! right on track <3 )
View attachment 5518

View attachment 5517

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Bree is absolutely beautiful...sounds like she is doing great.....thank you for giving her a chance....the love she will give you will be forever :angel1:

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Well, that IS a miracle! Yay! Will be anxious for further updates and to watch her grow. She's obviously not having any problems eating now. ;) Truly great news!

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
I love happy endings, I adore baby pups, and I so admire folks who take those extra steps to help those in need.. This story has all three..:) What more could anyone want?? Congratulations!

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
She is a sweet heart & gorgeous! I'm so glad she's pulled through so well...definitely a little miracle!

·
Administrator
7,248 Posts
what a great story she looks great i had a cleft palate puppy in my litter and i cried and begged the vet to put a tube in and let me feed her by tube but they told me there was no way she would survive and she would die in agony of aspiration of the lungs it was heartbreaking decision to make and i often wonder what would have happened did i make the wrong decision i wonder :(

she is such a sweetie well done x

1 - 20 of 22 Posts