Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! I'm new to this! And was looking if anyone could hop me find a chihuahua breeder in Wisconsin? Please I need your help:confused:Thanks!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I understand completely for those who want a puppy from a reputable breeder. But if it is in your heart to rescue a little one, please also consider rescue organizations. A good rescue will work hard to match your needs with their rescue Chihuahuas. So many perfectly good Chis die in shelters every day in the US--it is heartbreaking.

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
A good rescue will work hard to match your needs with their rescue Chihuahuas...
For an experienced owner, Rescue is a great option. But, I do not see them
matching "your needs" to a dog. Rescue dogs have their very own unique
issues and their needs must be matched up to the right home. A reputable
breeder will make the best match possible both for you and for the dog.
And, they will provide ongoing support and follow-up as you get acquainted :)

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Good rescue groups do the same ;}! Our rescue really works hard to make sure we match the dog to the new owner, and since all of our dogs are fostered long-term, we learn about the dog. We also provide before and after support for new owners. We consider the dogs part of our family for their entire lives. Even their microchips have our rescue as a back-up to the owner!

Now shelter rescue is different--it's a roll of the dice.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
just my opinion--for people with zero experience with Chi's, a dog with issues is not a great
starting point.
Sigh. Not all rescue dogs have issues--that is such a sad stereotype. Many are just dogs someone selfishly acquired--often from an expensive breeder--realized the dog wasn't a fashion accessory, and dumped the dog in the shelter or on the street. Yes, we have Chis with issues (I am fostering two with issues), but the majority of our rescues are perfectly well behaved and loving Chis (Finn and Peanut--both rescues--are fabulous).

We have many first-time Chi owners and foster parents turn to our rescue.

Reputable breeders are fabulous if you want to know the DNA lineage of your dog, see the mom and pop, want to show your dog, want to raise your dog from a pup, etc. But for anyone wanting just a loving companion, a reputable rescue organization is a good place to go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts