Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again, I am full of questions today. I would really like Roxy to have a litter of puppies so I can have another one just like her but she is so small (3.5lbs). I am afraid that something will happen to her while givivg birth. She is not registered and I don't care about that. But I"m not quite sure what to do. Please advise. Thank You so much. Kay

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
I wouldnt breed her. She is too small. I too have a 3lbs chi and when I first got her I had hopes of breeding her, but realized that its just too risky.

Also, your reasons for breeding her are wrong. Please dont take that the wrong way but you never breed a dog (whatever breed they are) unless they are the perfect representative of the breed...meaning their temperment is sound, and their physical structure meets the AKC reccomondations. You will never have another chi like Roxy, even if she did have puppies. To risk her health and spend all that money isnt worth it when you cant be guaranteed you will have a puppy with her temperment.

If you would like you can PM the admin to ask for permission to access the breeding/breeders forum and find out more information there, but trust me you dont want to breed Roxy if she is 3.5lbs.

Again dont take this the wrong way, I am glad you are asking first instead of just doing it :) This is just a combo of info I have found out about breeding, info from here and info from the vet I work with.

I also have a chi that I wish I could duplicate her personality when I get another but then it dawned on me that I should just enjoy her unique personality and know that she will always have a special place in my heart and that no other dog in the world will ever replace her. That doesnt mean that I will not love another dog like I do her, but there will be no replacing her.

I hope this helps!
-Jessica

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I totally agree with Angel. I had some of the same thoughts you are having - to let Jasmine have one litter of puppies. And while Jasmine is a good representative of the chi breed and is AKC registered there is no way I will place her life in jeapordy to have a litter of puppies. There are just too many things that can go wrong during the birth process with these tiny chis and I don't have the experience and the knowledge to deal with it. I decided it is best to leave the breeding to experienced breeders.

I am glad you are asking questions - it shows you are a good and caring chi mom.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That settles it. I won't risk anything happening to her. So having a litter is out of the question. Thanks so much for the info. Kay

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Bella's breeder, who has over 20 yrs of experience, would not breed her as she was too small .Bella weighed 3 1/2 lbs at 13 months. I am glad you have decided against trying to bred your little one.......it is just not worth the risk.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts