Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I wanted to ask some people question.

My aunt wants to breed her chihuahua. she 2 yrs old and she only weight 3.2 lbs is it okay to breed her? and what size of a male should she use?
will it hurt her because she is so small? please let me know thanks

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
a girl that small shouldnt be bred really no matter how tiny the male you cant determine if she's only gonna have one big pup. Is she of the correct standard and papered, has she been vet checked?

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
:wave: Hello, I was advised by my vet not to breed Triiny as she is too small and she weighs 3lb, it could kill her, even the lady who I bought her off wasn't going to sell her incase someone breed her. I had to promise that I wouldn't. Please don't it isn't fare to her. :cry:
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well then. Okay its not my dog i was just getting info for my aunt. and i will let her know not to breed her. I have a 9 month old chihuahua and he weight 3.2 as well will he get any bigger? he is also Neutured.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
I got Trinny when she was 6months old and took her to be weighed the vets said that she probably won't grow just fill out and she was right Trinny will be 1yr old next month and just looks alittle fatter.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
your baby is probably gonna stay under 4lbs, welcome to the group.
the reason we say tall not to breed is because a little girl that small can very easily die during the birthing process and noone wants to risk that, an ABSOLUTE minimum safe weight for breeding would be 4lbs and thats risky! and the male should always be at least 1/2 a lb smaller than the female for safteys sake.

welcome to the group

1 - 6 of 6 Posts